What's new

Found Badge metal detecting not sure what it is

mwferg55

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this badge while metal detecting in Montgomery County, Ohio. Just wondering if anybody out there might know what it is and how old it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
Mark
 

Attachments

  • jan82010.webp
    jan82010.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 485
I don't know what it is but if you could post a pic of the back and give some idea of the size that would help
 
Upvote 0
I agree, it looks like it's upside down. it looks like it has a crown on the upper half with a ceremonial gaff on the lower
similar to what a sentry would use
 
Upvote 0
We knew it was upside down when I talked Mark into posting it. There were no markings on the back, there were 4 thin copper tabs and it's about the size of a silver dollar. I thought it could be French with the Fleur DE Li's design, but I dunno.
 
Upvote 0
daytondigger said:
We knew it was upside down when I talked Mark into posting it.
Why didnt you turn it around? :D BTW Welcome to TN. This is solvable IMO.
 

Attachments

  • jan82010.webp
    jan82010.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0
automobile emblem?
 
Upvote 0
The UK Sea Scouts (Boy Scouts) used a fleur de lis and a crown as their logo. I'm not saying this is what it is, but it may be a start. There are also many Heraldic and Family Crest that look similiar. I really can't tell if it is a badge, a pin, a brooch or whatever without seeing the back. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • HeraldicCrest.webp
    HeraldicCrest.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0
:hello: Welcome to Tnet :hello:

Breezie said:
The UK Sea Scouts (Boy Scouts) used a fleur de lis and a crown as their logo. I'm not saying this is what it is, but it may be a start. There are also many Heraldic and Family Crest that look similiar. I really can't tell if it is a badge, a pin, a brooch or whatever without seeing the back. Breezie

I'll go with the sea scouts ID Breezie, well done :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
I saw that too Breeze in images but I dont think its it.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I saw that too Breeze in images but I dont think its it.

Sea cadet school, but not boy scouts.
 
Upvote 0
UK scouts more likely than sea cadets :dontknow:

The image is very close although reversed.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom