What's new

Found between the floor joists of an old barn.

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
1,487
Reaction score
1,648
Golden Thread
1
Location
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the weekend I was poking around an old barn at my girlfriend's house. When I found two old porcelain license plates in between the floor joists to the loft. My question is there a way to tell what years they may be from? I believe there CT plates. But also would these have any value? Thank you in advance for the help.- Justin
 

Attachments

  • 1531865457770.webp
    1531865457770.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 1531865469014.webp
    1531865469014.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 125
Quick search turned up Leatherlicenseplates.com. They stated that your examples were from the years 1903-1905, and show several examples similar to yours, before the state began issuing plates. They used their registration number, and contracted to have them made, or made them themselves. The number was preceded by the letter C. One company, Horace E. Fine Company of Trenton New Jersey, made many. Good luck with finding a value.
 
Upvote 0
they're in pretty nice shape. should be worth some bucks
 
Upvote 0
Take a look on epay. They have value. I sold a couple of 1918 era for 10 or 15 bucks. Others have more value. Funny, I found mine in a shed I was tearing down. Good luck.
 
Upvote 0
Good eye. Worth some money for sure. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
Cool find. Worth a few bucks, but not as much they will be hanging on the wall of your Man Cave one day!!!
 
Upvote 0
I'm no expert but I do go to a lot of swap meets. I'd say they're worth anywhere from $100 to $250. The red one might be the gem of the three.
 
Upvote 0
Man cave wallpaper I agree cool finds
 
Upvote 0
very neat i have found one from 1949 but yours are way older
 
Upvote 0
Those are in great shape! Heck of a good find.
 
Upvote 0
Those are really cool finds.Congrats
 
Upvote 0
The pair is worth ten time the price of a single plate. The earlier they are the more they are worth. Yours appear to be some of the earliest I have seen Pre teens for sure. To the right buyer they are big bucks Possibly over 1K
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom