GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2012 #1 I'm looking to get a few opinions on this piece that came out of the same bog I have many bone artifacts from. I can't seem to find another photo of an Identical piece but thought for sure it fit the bill as a blade handle. Upvote 0
I'm looking to get a few opinions on this piece that came out of the same bog I have many bone artifacts from. I can't seem to find another photo of an Identical piece but thought for sure it fit the bill as a blade handle.
NC field hunter Silver Member Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 4,253 Reaction score 1,627 Golden Thread 0 Nov 21, 2012 #2 Cool! I would have to say it fits the bill. I would say it fits the bill of being a rare find as well. Nice find!
Cool! I would have to say it fits the bill. I would say it fits the bill of being a rare find as well. Nice find!
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2012 #3 Wonder what the lengthwise cut was utilized for?
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2012 Thread Owner #4 If its not just a crack... I was thinking Mabey the blade could have been Hafted on its side in the slot.
If its not just a crack... I was thinking Mabey the blade could have been Hafted on its side in the slot.
SOHIO Bronze Member Joined Dec 6, 2010 Messages 1,943 Reaction score 248 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Other Nov 21, 2012 #5 cool
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2012 Thread Owner #6 A few other things that came with it. Some nice flake too but nothing finished. A few historic items nearby.
A few other things that came with it. Some nice flake too but nothing finished. A few historic items nearby.
NC field hunter Silver Member Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 4,253 Reaction score 1,627 Golden Thread 0 Nov 21, 2012 #7 I took it for granted that the blade slid into that crack. With the more modern stuff, is that a game stone or a musket ball?
I took it for granted that the blade slid into that crack. With the more modern stuff, is that a game stone or a musket ball?
skeeterd Hero Member Joined Oct 11, 2012 Messages 520 Reaction score 140 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2012 #8 What is the thing with the grid like pattern? Pottery?
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 21, 2012 Thread Owner #9 The "grid" is stamped pottery. And yes that's a musket ball.