What's new

Found cat figurine I have seen this before need help.

underdogger

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
755
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Was hunting a 1850S property found this cat and this bell neither have any markings . The cat is About 4-6 oz It has crusty shell of iron but there is smooth metal underneath this crust It came up in silver mode both the bell and cat

The cat seems to be missing its tail Not sure how to clean and seems to either have a roted bottom or it is deteriorating. crust is all ove the cat but It could have been gold plated when I look through a loop I see what appears to be gold plating or bronze. Im sure the bell is silver . Just do not Know About --deleted-- cat please help.Thanks rob :coffee2:
 

Attachments

  • Oct23066.webp
    Oct23066.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Oct23067.webp
    Oct23067.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Oct23068.webp
    Oct23068.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 316
I would say the bell was tied around either a goat or sheeps neck. Similiar to a cow bell, only smaller. To help locate the animals.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks mick 56 I posted this on today find and he sent me a picture on the bell the pic was of a combo hourse bells that were tied to slay bells it looks just like the one I found but you may be right also check it out on " dead cat found " in todays post tahnks for responding
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom