What's new

Found coin

lv2sign804

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gloucester
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went digging today and found a few things. The coin its self looks Spanish to me. It's very worn, so I couldn't find a date. Can anyone tell what kind of coin I found ? I think the other item may be a trigger and I don't know what the other couple of things are. Any help would be very much appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 1508113833082.webp
    1508113833082.webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 1508113846591.webp
    1508113846591.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 1508113862078.webp
    1508113862078.webp
    113.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 1508113880455.webp
    1508113880455.webp
    101.1 KB · Views: 200
could be a nickle, sorry
 
Looks like an old Spanish reale, needs some light cleaning but oh so cool
 
Since I posted this, I found that it could possibly be a spanish reale!
 
Looks like 1662 Potosi reales; maybe a one real coin.
Weight will give you an indication of its denomination.
Use 27 grams as a guide for an eight reales coin; proportionately less for a 4,2 or 1 reales.
Don......
 
That is awesome congrats! Cant help with the date but nice find!
 
Yes, definitely looks like a Spanish one reale. Very nice find.
 
Thank you mackaydon, note that you say 1662, I can see that! I will see if I can get it weighed and let you know what I find.
 
Thank you sugarquartz!
 
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean this coin? I don't want to ruin it. All I have done so far is run it under water and a light brushing to clean the dirt off
 
The coin weighs 2.22 g. Mackaydon.
 
Thank you so much! I will look all that up to learn more about it. I appreciate all your help.
 
Awesome find. Congrats! That is a bucket lister for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom