What's new

found cw buton same place I found the c.s.a. plate!

deanv63

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
271
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quincy Illinois
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
I FOUND MORE CW RALIC AT THE SAME SPOT WHERE I FOUND THE C.S.A BELT PLATE LAST NIGHT.HEAR ARE SOME PIC,S. FOUND WITH THE DFX ABOUT 5 INCHES DOWN. THE INDAIN PENNY THAT YOU CAN,T SEE VERY GOOD LOOKS TO BE A COUNTERFEIT PENNY,PLUS THE OTHER ONE LOOK TO BE USED AS A BUTTON.
 

Attachments

  • new finds083010 003.webp
    new finds083010 003.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 572
  • new finds083010 005.webp
    new finds083010 005.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 573
  • new finds083010 007.webp
    new finds083010 007.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 577
  • new finds083010 008.webp
    new finds083010 008.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 561
  • new finds083010 010.webp
    new finds083010 010.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 572
  • new finds083010 011.webp
    new finds083010 011.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 564
  • new finds083010 012.webp
    new finds083010 012.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 562
  • new finds083010 013.webp
    new finds083010 013.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 571
  • new finds083010 014.webp
    new finds083010 014.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 572
  • new finds083010 003.webp
    new finds083010 003.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 568
  • new finds083010 005.webp
    new finds083010 005.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 583
  • new finds083010 007.webp
    new finds083010 007.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 585
  • new finds083010 008.webp
    new finds083010 008.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 573
  • new finds083010 009.webp
    new finds083010 009.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 574
  • new finds083010 010.webp
    new finds083010 010.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 586
  • new finds083010 011.webp
    new finds083010 011.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 561
  • new finds083010 012.webp
    new finds083010 012.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 578
  • new finds083010 013.webp
    new finds083010 013.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 558
  • new finds083010 014.webp
    new finds083010 014.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0
Nice button.
Congrats
Dman
 
Nice finds. Love the Button... Congradulations....
 
Nice Infantry button. Why do you think the IH is fake? Looks good from this end. Again congats on some great finds.
 
I think that your "counterfeit IH cent" might really be a copper-nickel "fatty" that is a bit squooshed. It looks like the 1859-1863 composition. Swipe it under the coil and see how it pegs compared to the other one. Copper Nickel ones will generally read a good bit lower on a detector.

Nice eagle button--and I really like the IH with the hole in it.


Cheers,


Buckles
 
kinda unusual to find a CSA Plate and a Union button in the same area. I wonder if it was all part of a collection that got lost some how.
 
OutBack Duo said:
kinda unusual to find a CSA Plate and a Union button in the same area. I wonder if it was all part of a collection that got lost some how.

:icon_scratch:Werent they fighting?

The patina on that button is awesome!!Crazy how perfect that hole in the I.H. is!!
 
Nice button. It's not unusual to find eagle buttons in a CSA camp. Dman and I have done it many times. Josh and I recovered breastplates in the same large CS camp. I have been told that many Confederates who served in the Mexican War in 1846 still had their uniforms. In your case pertaining to to your area, the CSA buckle was a most likely a war souvenir or came from the local POW camp I guess. HH, Quindy.
 
nice button, but I think your caps lock has got stuck
 
Forgive my naiveness, but what is a cw button? and csa? What does that stand for?
 
delaford321 said:
Forgive my naiveness, but what is a cw button? and csa? What does that stand for?

CW=Civil War

CSA=Confederate States Army (I think)

PS. from the friendly Brit :laughing9:
 
CRUSADER said:
delaford321 said:
Forgive my naiveness, but what is a cw button? and csa? What does that stand for?

CW=Civil War

CSA=Confederate States Army (I think)

PS. from the friendly Brit :laughing9:

CSA = Confederate States of America

50/50 correct, Cru. But well done. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom