Found decagon gold today!

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was attacked by an 8 year old girl today at the park. She wouldn't go away and everytime I found something she would dig at the ground with a stick. All the while her grandfather just sits over there on a bench reading his book. I felt a little sorry for the girl so I let her tag along..
Finally after about an hour the grandfather waved her over and they left.

So I could concentrate once again.

Then another hour passes and I hit a nice signal in the mid pulltab range. It was only a couple of inches. I moved the grass and dirt with my screwdriver and there it was sitting in the hole.

To my surprise it has ten sides. I hadn't run across one like that before. Was another good day. =) Ring 20 on the year.

Attachments

• gold 5-1.JPG
    gold 5-1.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 701
  • gold 5-2.JPG
    gold 5-2.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 679
  • gold 5-3.JPG
    gold 5-3.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 23
Sweet, is it marked what Karat it is?

Congrats on the nice find.when ever i have people asking me what im doing i just tell them that i am looking for gophers.after that they usually just walk away.

Congrats on the nice find.when ever i have people asking me what im doing i just tell them that i am looking for gophers.after that they usually just walk away.

LOL I tell people the same thing. I'm looking for gophers. One time a guy says oh really? Does it look for their body heat? I'm not sure if he was messing with me or not but if he was he got the better of me. lol

BacktotheBoat. Yes it's marked 14k.

Beautiful ring !

Grand dad was loving you, left him alone. Great find

Unique ring, great find!

That's a nice looking ring. Sounds like Grandpa wanted his peace & quiet, so he lets the girl hang with you.

Your patience. Paid off on all sides.
Beautiful ring! Congrats!

now thats a nice diamond ring !!!now go find the spade,clubs and heart ring.!!!I really like it.:occasion14:

nice find!! Congrats!

Depending on my mood, I tell em I am digging up dead people.

now thats a nice diamond ring !!!now go find the spade,clubs and heart ring.!!!I really like it.:occasion14:

lol Creative.. When I first started reading your post I saw "diamond ring". I'm like?? What's he talking about.
I play online poker every night. I like the ring even better now.

My first 20 rings only included 1 gold and 1 silver. How about yours?

Skippy

Hi Skippy. I just counted. There's 4.5 gold which i'm calling 5... So 5 gold rings, 6 silver and 9 junkers. Keep looking there's always one more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back