Found in a Football Field...What Are They?

How many people think these are Gong gi stones

• I'm sure they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be, but need more info

• Don't think they are

• Undecided

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Attachments

• Lugnuts.JPG
    Lugnuts.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 13,715
  • Lugnut Tops.JPG
    Lugnut Tops.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 13,647
  • Lugnut Bottoms.JPG
    Lugnut Bottoms.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 13,612
  • Lugnuts.JPG
    Lugnuts.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 13,689
  • Lugnut Tops.JPG
    Lugnut Tops.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 13,657
  • Lugnut Bottoms.JPG
    Lugnut Bottoms.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 13,615

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A wild guess.........used as game pieces or dice. ::)

ToddB64

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Olympic, World Cup Soccer lug nuts.

Darned if I know. Counter-weights to add to sneakers or leggings for training? Build your muscles up faster?

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
No,it is not threaded. The pics show both sides.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I found some images of something close and an article that goes along with it. Maybe it will lead someone in the right direction.

Checker Club meeting comes to order
Charles Bates
11/01/2004
Event proves fun and beneficial for all involved.

Next to the latest in manufacturing technologies and equipment, AMERICAN MACHINIST'S Checker Club drew quite a bit of attention at IMTS 2004. Thousands of show attendees took part in the event that had them on a "scavenger hunt" of sorts for various custom-made checkers manufactured by Club-member companies distributing them at their booths. The hunt was not only fun but informative. In addition to a checker, participants walked away with a better understanding of innovative manufacturing solutions offered by each Club member.

After collecting a complete set of checkers, participants returned to the AMERICANMACHINIST booth where they received an official Checker Club playing board, walked through a CribMaster Accu-Port system that determined if they were eligible for a drawing, and voted on their favorite checkers. Voting categories included best design, most comprehensive explanation of manufacturing methods, most innovative concept, and more.

Of all the votes cast, the clear winner was Hydromat Inc, St. Louis, which combined bronze and stainless steel into a checker that also commemorated the company's 25th anniversary. Those polled commented on both the checker's aesthetics and its quick cycle time — the checker was made on the show floor in just 15 sec. They were also impressed by Hydromat's detailed explanation of how the checker was produced on the company's Epic R/T 32/45-16 rotary-transfer machine.

"We entered the Club to win with an attractive checker made in the fastest cycle time possible," comments Bruno Schmitter, president and CEO of Hydromat. "And of course, to show off Hydromat's capabilities and its flexible, high-speed machines. I think we accomplished that. Our machines ran at 10 3 the speed a single-spindle machine would have to complete such a part."

Attachments

• checker1.jpg
    checker1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 13,790

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is confusing me is that they all have basketball players on one side, and different sports related items on the other. The one in the middle is a volleyball and I am certain there is no World Cup basketball.

Hmmmm.....

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Piggman1......I stand by my first reply/guess : game pieces/dice.

Unless someone else can prove me wrong, I win !! LOL

ToddB64

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ToddB64 said:
Piggman1......I stand by my first reply/guess : game pieces/dice.

Unless someone else can prove me wrong, I win !! LOL

ToddB64
gay.gif

M

medic minded

They almost look like some sort of die press. These are used to press designs onto hard or soft objects and by the looks of the design i would be pretty sure you have dies from a die punch set.. Now remember im nobody so i can be like everybody and be wrong as well ..... HH Cool Find.....

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Childrens toy !!

Memory cubes.

All cubes have a basketball player on one side and an other motive on the other. They are identical two and two on that side, and you have to memorize where they are, when you turn them. If you don´t have two identical they must be turned back (basketball) again. Then it is the other childs turn. When one finds a match those two cubes are taken out of the game. The one with most matches at the end wins.

;)

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Great guesses guys and gals. As soon as the ground dries a little more I will be back out there, I'm sure there are more to be found. I'm still waiting for someone to show me a picture of what they really are. Until then, they are still a mystery to me.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too bad search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc..) aren't capable of photo image recognition, otherwise we could have solved this mystery at the gitgo ! LOL

ToddB64 ;D

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy Piggman1 !

I see you've been active here (27 replies just today), but not on FMD forums since you introduced the football field "thingy's" on 6-16-07 ! ?

Have you seen the replies, guesses, suggestions, etc. over there ? Would like to get your comments on some of those, especially the suggestion of a "show and tell" visit with the school athletic director. Also, my reply asking if those little things might be hollow inside, how to find out, etc..

Looking forward to your reply! (Smile)

Todd

T

TreasureTales

Do these things unscrew? Could they be a type of sports pin? Like the pins traded at the Olympics?

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
They cannot be unscrewed, they are not tapped, and they are solid. Nothing prys or unscrews open. The pictures show all to be seen.

T

TreasureTales

Ooooh, I love a good mystery. OK, are they tongue studs? hehehe

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Now that one made me laugh, tongue studs. Maybe athletic Ben Wa Balls.

T

TreasureTales

piggman1 said:
Maybe athletic Ben Wa Balls.

LOL. WAAAAAY too tiny for that.

The designs are raised or incised? And did you say what metal they are made of? They seem to be very well made, whatever they are. Very sturdy.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Designs are incised and seem to be made of copper plated pewter, or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread