Found in a Football Field...What Are They?

How many people think these are Gong gi stones

• I'm sure they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be, but need more info

• Don't think they are

• Undecided

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
These were found in a middle school football field that is no longer in use by the school. Only the public now uses it for frisbee golf, neighborhood games, and soccer practice.

T

TreasureTales

I'd return to the field and await the arrival of some 13 year old boys...then I'd ask them. They will know, if anybody will.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Treasure Tales, I can tell you are all on top of this thing. That's a good idea you have there. I promise you will be the first to know when I find out....tounge studs, that still cracks me up.

T

TreasureTales

piggman1 said:
Treasure Tales, I can tell you are all on top of this thing. That's a good idea you have there. I promise you will be the first to know when I find out....tounge studs, that still cracks me up.

I enjoy seeing the things other people find almost as much as I enjoy the stuff I dig up. It's all good, IMO. Although I seldom get an identification correct, I so enjoy the guessing!! Happy hunting!

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BioProfessor said:
If nothing better surfaces, I claim them to be "Sports Nuts."

Daryl

Nice pun Daryl ! lol

Todd

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
piggman1 said:
Great guesses guys and gals. As soon as the ground dries a little more I will be back out there, I'm sure there are more to be found. I'm still waiting for someone to show me a picture of what they really are. Until then, they are still a mystery to me.

Ummmmmmmmm........Lets see, I wonder if Piggman1 would go for this ? I copy his pics, which are identified as lugnuts, then include them with a post, claiming thats what they are !
Heh,heh,heh.....I snatch the prize and no one's the wiser....cool !

Todd

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
I've checked everywhere I can think of of sports "match games" for kids and adults. If that's what they are, and you are sure of it, show the link and end this mystery. If you can't prove it, it's still a mystery, and your guess is as good as averyone elses.

T

TreasureTales

ToddB64 said:
piggman1 said:
Great guesses guys and gals. As soon as the ground dries a little more I will be back out there, I'm sure there are more to be found. I'm still waiting for someone to show me a picture of what they really are. Until then, they are still a mystery to me.

Ummmmmmmmm........Lets see, I wonder if Piggman1 would go for this ? I copy his pics, which are identified as lugnuts, then include them with a post, claiming thats what they are !
Heh,heh,heh.....I snatch the prize and no one's the wiser....cool !

Todd

Tsk tsk. Didn't your momma ever tell you "cheaters never prosper?" Now get that idea out of your head and go to your room.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
I went back to the place where they were found on the mission to find more. No such luck, it got too hot before I could search too much....but I'll be back!
Treasure Tales, you ought to move down here to Texas, I like your attitiude and I think we could have some real fun. At least we could try these out for what others have suggested and have some fun finding out what they are. I just can't believe no one knows what they are. Who knows, maybe we could find our own use and then name them as such.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Are there any holes? maybe somthing the holds a draw string in place like on a hoodie or a shoelace

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
No Holes! They are solid.

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
Try discovering if any big sporting events were held in the past in the location you found these.They of course look to have an Olympic or World Cup association.Any sports fanatics in your area may be able to provide some insight.

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
That's the catch, no big sports events ever took place in this place. I't an abandoned middle school football field they sometimes use for workouts. The rest of the time it is open to the public. It really isn't that old when it comes to schools.

T

TreasureTales

piggman1 said:
I went back to the place where they were found on the mission to find more. No such luck, it got too hot before I could search too much....but I'll be back!
Treasure Tales, you ought to move down here to Texas, I like your attitiude and I think we could have some real fun. At least we could try these out for what others have suggested and have some fun finding out what they are. I just can't believe no one knows what they are. Who knows, maybe we could find our own use and then name them as such.

Piggman1, thanks for the invitation. Is there a good rib joint nearby? I'd move in a heartbeat for some good BBQ ribs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread