What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found in Cape cod hayfield permission

cahills9

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
310
Golden Thread
0
Don’t think it’s a KG 2 because the REX on right side doesn’t seem to be there
And
Not sure if it’s a Connecticut Copper

Any ideas or opinions welcome
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • CF1627BF-0843-4DBA-8E6A-1727793F34B7.webp
    CF1627BF-0843-4DBA-8E6A-1727793F34B7.webp
    401.4 KB · Views: 175
I have a feeling it might be an early Connecticut Copper also. It looks most like the one in the top left of the image below, although the tail of the headpiece is closer to the lettering in the image below it. The image is from R. S. Yeoman's 37th edition of 1984 Redbook.
EarlyConnecticutCoppers.png
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Charles II I think - late 17th century.

obverse should read CAROLUS. A to the left of the bust and CAROLO to the right. Looks to fit with yours - I think I can see OLO as the last three letters.

½ Penny - Charles II - England – Numista½ Penny - Charles II - England – Numista
 
Upvote 7
Charles II I think - late 17th century.

obverse should read CAROLUS. A to the left of the bust and CAROLO to the right. Looks to fit with yours - I think I can see OLO as the last three letters.

½ Penny - Charles II - England – NumistaView attachment 2088507
Yep. That’s it !! Thanks. Thrilled. My oldest coin yet. !!
 
Upvote 4
Nice find :)
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom