found in Corpus Christy TX

jaketheseeker

Mar 4, 2022
texas
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 300
first timer with a Garret ACE 300 detector on the beach at Corpus Christy TX found some quarters a dime and 2 pennies and this ?pendate? Medal? broch? no clue... mother whale and baby, Near the bottom i can barely make out WWI. Can i clean this?? if so how? Any ideas what this could be???? Any help would be loved

Jake

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 14

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first timer with a Garret ACE 300 detector on the beach at Corpus Christy TX found some quarters a dime and 2 pennies and this ?pendate? Medal? broch? no clue... mother whale and baby, Near the bottom i can barely make out WWI. Can i clean this?? if so how? Any ideas what this could be???? Any help would be loved

Jake
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Maybe gently toothpick to see if more detail comes out.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Jake

Jake
Nice finds and welcome to Treasure Net!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto Jake! :wave:
Definitely an interesting find, I'm not thinking WWF though, but possibly a Killer Whale pin from Marineland.

My suggestion would be to invest in an affordable rotary tumbler from Harbor Freight, this one is around $70. :thumbsup:
If this were my find, I'd be inclined to tumble it in 1/2" polished stone and liquid soap for a few hours.

The metal this piece was made of is likely not the best quality, so the salt water is going to have eaten a lot of it away. But it is what it is now, so all you can do is to try and remove the encrustations.

Best of luck to you Jake,
Dave

Attachments

• thumbnail-crop.jpg
    thumbnail-crop.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 21
  • 67632_I-crop.jpg
    67632_I-crop.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread