What's new

Found in Elliott Co KY in remote area,, any ideas?

sheepherder

Jr. Member
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
29
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Object is solid metal encrusted in heavy rock like patina. Super shiny silver like where i knocked off the patina.
 

Attachments

  • SANY0094.webp
    SANY0094.webp
    175.8 KB · Views: 142
  • SANY0093.webp
    SANY0093.webp
    158.7 KB · Views: 112
  • SANY0092.webp
    SANY0092.webp
    159.4 KB · Views: 108
Silver was discovered in the southwest by accident, it melted out of a rock that was being used to surround a campfire. At least that’s what I read somewhere.
 
Upvote 0
How can I get it tested.. Pawn shop?

QUOTE=sheepherder; ,,, how can I get metal tested?

There is a silver test solution made with Potassium Dichromate and Nitric Acid that can be purchased. I used to mix my own and you can test all metals by putting a drop directly on the object and compare the color with a color chart. I believe lead will turn yellow. You will notice some variations in the color charts coming out of China. Note the one I posted below says nut brown for lead. However there is no mistaking the bright red for silver, unless a person is color blind.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/13479-silver-aluminum.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/167464-chunk-silver-2.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/472230-silver-tips-acid-testing.html

https://www.quicktest.co.uk/testing_white_metals.htm

metal test chart.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks.... it is non' magnetic but sets the metal detector on high end. I will get a test kit.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom