misplacedrednek
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Aug 20, 2006
- Messages
- 303
- Reaction score
- 268
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Temple, GA
- Detector(s) used
- AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I see it now. Definitely a six.That's part of the mystery solved. Thanks. It's a 6 but kind of looks like a 3 here. Any guess on age or what it is specifically?


That's similar to what I figured and the minimal information I was able to find. Thanks for the help. I was going through old finds trying to figure out a few.
unfortunately I Cannot Read French, So I Don't know if any of this applies.
But it appears it is Not a Death Tag, as they break in Half Like German Tags
View attachment 1873847View attachment 1873848
Historique des Plaques
It is blank. I don't think its a personal tag since theres no name. I thought maybe equipment or baggage, etc.
The style is similar to the WWI dog tags since it's solid, versus WWII which had the perforated line.

BTW, I just thought of something, it could be an early WWI style French dog tag. I know some early WWI German dog tags only had the unit designation on them.
I have a few complete German tags and a few halves as well.