What's new

Found in MN

mlvarnado

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help - can someone ID the his rock. It looks green in color when wet and looks like petrified wood. I would say that its extremely heavy for it's size. I was just wounding if you can tell me bit about it. Please attached pic's
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0616.webp
    IMG_0616.webp
    919.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0617.webp
    IMG_0617.webp
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0618.webp
    IMG_0618.webp
    956.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0619.webp
    IMG_0619.webp
    932.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0620.webp
    IMG_0620.webp
    934 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0621.webp
    IMG_0621.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
Upvote 14
I'm no lapidary specialist, but my gut tells me that you have a huge piece of jasper. Post it in the rocks/minerals forum and you'll have an answer quick I'm sure.
 
Welcome to TNet. Don't think it is petrified wood. Not sure about jasper either.:dontknow:
 
Welcome to TNet. Having found it in Minnesota, I think it is Ely Greenstone actually.
 
Looks like green serpentine to me, but I no nothing about "Ely Greenstone" either.
 
By golly, I believe Clovis has it! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom