W WYO_Yote Jr. Member Joined Jul 2, 2018 Messages 28 Reaction score 155 Golden Thread 0 Location Wyoming Detector(s) used XP Deus Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 2, 2021 #1 Part of a spur, can’t seem to find much on it. Attachments B86E5B52-09B7-48B6-9CCE-393D190935DD.webp 743.4 KB · Views: 143 8CF1AD4E-E49F-4357-AA9F-C8A296D95B80.webp 432.5 KB · Views: 106
Mud Hut Gold Member Joined Apr 23, 2014 Messages 7,918 Reaction score 6,080 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 2, 2021 #2 Looks like a Mexican spur. Upvote 0
Fat Bronze Member Joined Oct 22, 2020 Messages 2,191 Reaction score 6,897 Golden Thread 0 Location Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado Detector(s) used I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy Primary Interest: Other May 2, 2021 #3 Whom ever wore that had no respect for horse flesh. I imagine the break occurred because of itself. I would liked to have watched that wreck. Upvote 0
Whom ever wore that had no respect for horse flesh. I imagine the break occurred because of itself. I would liked to have watched that wreck.
gemee Hero Member Joined Jul 31, 2004 Messages 652 Reaction score 296 Golden Thread 0 Location California May 2, 2021 #4 Fat said: Whom ever wore that had no respect for horse flesh. I imagine the break occurred because of itself. I would liked to have watched that wreck. Click to expand... I agree. Just one other way that man has behaved despicably towards an animal. Upvote 0
Fat said: Whom ever wore that had no respect for horse flesh. I imagine the break occurred because of itself. I would liked to have watched that wreck. Click to expand... I agree. Just one other way that man has behaved despicably towards an animal.
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 3, 2021 #5 Very early, maybe smith made? Could be a goucho spur? Upvote 0
TimberCrack Sr. Member Joined Jul 30, 2013 Messages 319 Reaction score 850 Golden Thread 0 Location wyoming Detector(s) used white's 6000/D coin master White's MXT Garrettt ACE 250 Primary Interest: Relic Hunting May 3, 2021 #6 There is a lot of Wannabe-Cowboys move to Wyoming.. Upvote 0
Fat Bronze Member Joined Oct 22, 2020 Messages 2,191 Reaction score 6,897 Golden Thread 0 Location Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado Detector(s) used I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy Primary Interest: Other May 3, 2021 #7 The world needs more cowboys.. Upvote 0
ArfieBoy Gold Member Joined Aug 11, 2011 Messages 5,587 Reaction score 12,230 Golden Thread 0 Location N.E. Oregon Detector(s) used Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 #8 That is definitely an interesting piece! Thanks for sharing. Upvote 0
B bowwinkles Bronze Member Joined Nov 3, 2012 Messages 2,117 Reaction score 2,496 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 #9 South of the boarder type: http://www.riverjunction.com/assets/images/productimages/oneofakinds/spurs/mexican/mexicanspurs2.jpg Upvote 0
South of the boarder type: http://www.riverjunction.com/assets/images/productimages/oneofakinds/spurs/mexican/mexicanspurs2.jpg
I islamoradamark Silver Member Joined Aug 26, 2016 Messages 3,650 Reaction score 3,995 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 #10 that has some long spikes nice find Upvote 0
ARC Emerald Member Joined Aug 19, 2014 Messages 40,567 Reaction score 151,008 Golden Thread 0 Location Tarpon Springs Detector(s) used JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 3, 2021 #11 Early wrought spur. Similar... but not limited to this... Upvote 0
I islamoradamark Silver Member Joined Aug 26, 2016 Messages 3,650 Reaction score 3,995 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 4, 2021 #12 I sure wouldn't want that going into my delicate backside Upvote 0
CrankyBuzzard Jr. Member Joined Jul 6, 2020 Messages 94 Reaction score 180 Golden Thread 0 Location North Texas USA Detector(s) used Garrett AT Max and White's Spectra Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 5, 2021 #13 I did this quick search during a CC and found a LOT like yours. Going to be hard to narrow down, but that is a very cool piece you have! I've never found a spur that still had a rowel on it. https://www.google.com/search?q=vintage+mexican+spur+rowels&safe=active&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS854US854&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiziZb_qLPwAhURIqwKHf-7DlYQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=937 Upvote 0
I did this quick search during a CC and found a LOT like yours. Going to be hard to narrow down, but that is a very cool piece you have! I've never found a spur that still had a rowel on it. https://www.google.com/search?q=vintage+mexican+spur+rowels&safe=active&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS854US854&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiziZb_qLPwAhURIqwKHf-7DlYQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=937
erfranks Hero Member Joined Mar 3, 2021 Messages 813 Reaction score 1,103 Golden Thread 0 Location Cape Coral, Fl Detector(s) used Nautilus DMC-2B Minelab Equinox 800 White TRX pinpointer Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 5, 2021 #14 Nice Spur part with rowel Upvote 0
W WYO_Yote Jr. Member Joined Jul 2, 2018 Messages 28 Reaction score 155 Golden Thread 0 Location Wyoming Detector(s) used XP Deus Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2021 Thread Owner #15 Thank you! So, what is a rowel? Upvote 0
Fat Bronze Member Joined Oct 22, 2020 Messages 2,191 Reaction score 6,897 Golden Thread 0 Location Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado Detector(s) used I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy Primary Interest: Other May 6, 2021 #16 .......the round spike thing that “goes jingle jangle”. Paraphrasing Chris LaDeux Upvote 0
W WYO_Yote Jr. Member Joined Jul 2, 2018 Messages 28 Reaction score 155 Golden Thread 0 Location Wyoming Detector(s) used XP Deus Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2021 Thread Owner #17 TimberCrack said: There is a lot of Wannabe-Cowboys move to Wyoming.. Click to expand... Cowboys, sans spurs? Upvote 0
TimberCrack said: There is a lot of Wannabe-Cowboys move to Wyoming.. Click to expand... Cowboys, sans spurs?
W WYO_Yote Jr. Member Joined Jul 2, 2018 Messages 28 Reaction score 155 Golden Thread 0 Location Wyoming Detector(s) used XP Deus Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2021 Thread Owner #18 Cowboys, sans spurs? Upvote 0
W WYO_Yote Jr. Member Joined Jul 2, 2018 Messages 28 Reaction score 155 Golden Thread 0 Location Wyoming Detector(s) used XP Deus Garrett AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 6, 2021 Thread Owner #19 Thank you FAT. Appreciate the info, who is Chris Ledeux? Upvote 0
Back-of-the-boat Gold Member Joined Apr 18, 2013 Messages 7,064 Reaction score 8,980 Golden Thread 0 Location California Detector(s) used AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 7, 2021 #20 WYO_Yote said: Thank you FAT. Appreciate the info, who is Chris Ledeux? Click to expand... A country singer/ rodeo star who has passed away, google him and you can find his songs. Upvote 0
WYO_Yote said: Thank you FAT. Appreciate the info, who is Chris Ledeux? Click to expand... A country singer/ rodeo star who has passed away, google him and you can find his songs.