What's new

Found it in a box of Halfs

jrandy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
192
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the strangest find . It is a Kennedy 1983P w/ 1960 on the left side and a 1980 on the right side. These dates ares much smaller and the finish is unbelievable , it's like a mirror as shiny as a proof. I have never seen anything like it . I did see those dates mentioned on this site before ,maybe a month or so before. Any help would be appreciaded. Thanks.........
 
Upvote 0
here you go
 

Attachments

  • index.webp
    index.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 582
  • index.webp
    index.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 580
It would be considered damaged.
 
I just found one exactly like that yesterday in my weekly $500.00 box. I just set it aside and was going to try to research it later this week. It looks pretty now we need to see if it has any more value than 50 cents.
 
Must be very rare indeed; an ePay search turned up just under 60 or so just like it.
 
I've found 3 or 4 of them in the last year. They aren't worth much. I think some guy started making them and just trying to sell them off as commems. Kinda neat, but they're out there. All the big half hunters have probably seen their share of them. I've found them dating from 1980, 1983, and 1985. All dipped in gold, and all counter stamped 1960
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom