What's new

Found last weekend

Demus

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 17, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
We found all this in and around a spring in the high desert of NE CA and I am wondering what the big rock with a hole clear through it would be used for?
 

Attachments

  • image-2991314004.webp
    image-2991314004.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 144
  • image-2368999430.webp
    image-2368999430.webp
    52 KB · Views: 156
  • image-4005467112.webp
    image-4005467112.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 132
  • image-4245038904.webp
    image-4245038904.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 138
  • image-424656178.webp
    image-424656178.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Nice array of points and are those catlinite pipes??!!.........................GTP(Chris)
 
Nice array of points and are those catlinite pipes??!!.........................GTP(Chris)

Pipes, baggies, matches, beer, cigars this guy knows how to hunt.
 
We found all this in and around a spring gettin high in the desert of NE CA.....Wha....?

Californians are crazier than texans
 
Nice collection of arrowheads and is that a spark plug cleaner??!!.................................................(SOHIO)
 
Anyway sorry I couldn't help it they say a picture is worth a thousand words I could go on all night...As for the stone all I can tell you is that I'm pretty sure the hole isn't from erosion. My best guess is that it is some type of weight to hold something down maybe from the 1800s. Although if you found it with the artifacts directly then chances are it was prehistorical? Pretty interesting. What culture and or time period are your artifacts?
 
Last edited:
Is that Petrified wood?


image-2991314004lppp.webp
 
looks like it could possibly be a horse tether weight. the stone with the whole that is.
 
Great finds you have there .How close is the nearest road?
 
I'm not sure what the pipes are made of but it's a porous volcanic looking rock almost pumice like that i haven't seen around this area. Most the pipes are red and the one is black. I've been hunting off and on for 20+ years and this is far and away the best stuff I've found. I'm not sure how old this stuff is...I'm nowhere near an expert in that regard but this find has renewed my interest so any knowledge you guys could share is greatly appreciated. The rock at bottom right corner is a pestle and the nearest road is about 6 rocky, dusty miles away. There were a ton of grinder stones, broken metades and pestles that were just too damn heavy to pack back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom