Found me a "IKE" guy...

dougbfromnorthga

Apr 10, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found me a "IKE" guy...

After accumalting 300 Ikes, finally decided to try and move/sell them. Looked on Fee-Bay, but the fees are just too high. Ended up putting an ad on Craigs List. Netted me 1.25 x face. Freed up alot of space and put $300 back in my bank roll. Now I am off to buy a couple Morgans with my proceeds. Gotta love this hobby. HH and as RileyBoy would say. It is still out there.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found me a "IKE" guy...

Nice $75 profit, you can go out and buy 2 morgan dollars with that profit and lunch!!

I wish I could unload some of my ikes, I have about $500 or so accumulated for future investment. Not that they will be worth much, but if i can sell for $1.25 each, or even $1.15 each, off they go! (a specific bank near me has about $2,000 worth of ikes in their vault they have been trying to sell me for years, but they are all silver pickers, and even know about the 40% silver ikes) :tard:

HH,
BuffaloBoy

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice profit! :icon_thumright: I may need to try that I have about 200 Ikes.

HH

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

25% is a nice profit. I sold a few more Ike's along with a few other clad coins yesterday myself to my regular Ike buyer. The most I can ever seem to get is about 10% profit and he seems to be the only person I can find who's even interested. But I'm glad to get rid of them even for just a small profit so I can have more working capital.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SilverFace said:
25% is a nice profit. I sold a few more Ike's along with a few other clad coins yesterday myself to my regular Ike buyer. The most I can ever seem to get is about 10% profit and he seems to be the only person I can find who's even interested. But I'm glad to get rid of them even for just a small profit so I can have more working capital.

+1

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other

I recently sold 63 Ikes on Craiglist @ $1.25 each. Only took a day. That same afternoon made a bank run & picked up 88 more loose. Called same guy back and he didn't want em. Still listed on CL, been a week now. :dontknow:

HH ALL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread