What's new

Found Mini Jesus

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
562
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this today. Hoping someone can help me ID


image-1875485638.webp

The markings are "35" or "55" "AR" and "G&M"
Any body know what the markings could mean?
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
That's a good sign of things to come congrats!
 
Beauitiful crucifix find , Wickaboag; sorry that I can't help with the stampings.

Could you post a larger photo of the crucifix...would love to see it up close.

Thanks

Lorraine
 
You might want to post a picture of the back of the crucifix so that we can see the markings.
 
image-1337083395.webp

Tried to take a picture through the loupe. :-)
 
AR could be arrezo, Italy? Just did a fast search and found that.
 
The 35 or 55 could be a percent of gold mark 55% is close to 14K but not exact.
 
Thanx, Wickaboag; I'm supposing that the "GM" is the jeweler, and from my recent research "AR" may be indicative of either Harrison, Arizona, or Jonesboro ,Arizona but I am stumped by the numbers...research turned up nothing ; I'll keep trying to solve this mystery.

Lorraine
 
Last edited:
I need a sign like that!
 
Thanx, Wickaboag; I'm supposing that the "GM" is the jeweler, and from my recent research "AR" may be indicative of either Harrison, Arizona, or Jonesboro ,Arizona but I am stumped by the numbers...research turned up nothing ; I'll keep trying to solve this mystery. Lorraine
Thanks for the effort Lorraine! I was guessing AR just generally meant non gold. Like a different system of plating or filling. Not sure, but thanks for you're time!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom