Found My First Cache, 2 Coconuts & 1 Dead Rooster !!

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Found My First Cache, 2 Coconuts & 1 Dead Rooster !!

Weatherman got it wrong again. Instead of 2 days of snow and sleet we thankfully only got 1 day of rain. Most of the snow washed away and temps were above freezing. You know what that means
right. Yes,(before the temps drop and the ground freezes again), I headed for a popular sledding spot I've been eyeing, in search of some lost booty. I had a ball picking up small pocket dumps at the bottom of the hill, not much digging, mostly freshly dropped coins on the surface. A Quarter here, 30 cents there, 70 cents over here, a set of keys over here, I just kept giggling as I went along gladly picking up the shiny trinkets. I thought I had scratched my itch enough to start scanning my way up the hill and back towards the car.

While scanning around the top of the hill I noticed something to my left, between a couple of trees. So I went to check it out. Hmmm, a small coconut and 2 plastic grocery bags with something inside? . As I got closer I could see brand new coins sticking out from under one bag. Whoopee!! I thought, as I picked up the bag and more coins fell lout. Then another coconut? :o :o UH-OH.. I had just stumbled upon someones voodoo ritual. I stood there staring down at all the change and thought what to do ??? ??? ?. Well being that I only believe in the almighty lord I decided to ignore the hokus-pokus stuff and I began to fill my pouch. The bag apparently had already been opened,(there probably had been some more money in there), but the person must have gotten spooked and dropped it before fleeing the scene. Not me!, I grabbed every shiny coin. ;D Also in the bag was some sort of a mango paste, brown feathers, small pieces of different colored fabric, a piece of lettuce all wrapped together in tissue. And 2 small white candles. Oh yeah and the other bag, hmmm, these rituals usually involve some sort of a sacrifice right?. I really didn't want to see what was in that bag, as I poked it, it didn't feel like it contained any more coins. Something larger, heavier. So I started to walk away.. Curiosity killed the cat right, I just had to know, by the way I hoped it wasn't a dead cat. So I picked it up and made a slit in the top with my digging tool and saw all the brown and black feathers and the smell of death. I didn't grow up on the farm but I know a dead rooster when I see one.

OK that's enough, I decided to get out of there but not before calling my wife to let her know what I had found, you know just in case something happened to me right. She said I would get bad luck,
but what does she know. I hung up and made a bee-line to the car with my loaded pouch. All together I came home with 130 coins; 9 quarters, 17 nickels, 40 dimes, 63 pennies, 1-2001 Trinidad & Tobago penny, and a set of keys. Total of $7.73. I left the rooster and the coconuts but the smell of fruits and death followed me home. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH.... Is the boogie man gonna get me tonight?

Wish I had my camera at the time. I made a scanned image of my first cache after I rinsed the mango paste off. Sorry no photo's of the rooster or the coconut mango potion...

Harry.

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 1,552
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found My First Cache, 2 Coconuts & 1 Dead Rooster !!

Those coins are cursed. Bury them in the yard of a neighbor whom you don't like.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hand full of clad! Picking up all those nickels means you did not miss much. HH, Mike

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey bud ,buckle right its cursed,in fact all your finds for next year are cursed.the only way to break the spell is by sending me your finds.QUICK before it takes over your life! :D

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones

Sounds like that was a fun hunt.

Whats with all the Voodoo stuff being found right now this is the third one in as many weeks I've heard of being uncovered, you hit the nail on the head when you said hokus-pokus stuff cause thats i I belive it is too.

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

February is National Voodoo month here on Tnet. I really hope I don't start finding chicken guts and crazy goo filled jars when I get to New Orleans next week!

OP
OP
I_Dig_NYC

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

goldenapples said:
Sounds like that was a fun hunt.

Whats with all the Voodoo stuff being found right now this is the third one in as many weeks I've heard of being uncovered, you hit the nail on the head when you said hokus-pokus stuff cause thats i I belive it is too.
I know, I read the other post just the other day. Somebody found some burried voodoo and a wax doll.
It must be voodoo season. My wife is pretty freaked out though. Even after I read her Psalm 23 about fearing no evil. She still threatened to throw my entire coin jar and me out the house. Unless I got rid of them or removed it from the house. So I put it my jar in the car or else I would have been sleeping outside last night. ::)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Personally I would not leave them in your car last thing you want something bad to happen in. If its all clad I would go to the bank and turn it in for papper money. Then the evil it spreads through the world instead of all on you and your family. Take a Cross and some Holly Water to the site and leave them in the moneys place. God can handle any kind of voodoo. I like your faith. ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

OP
OP
I_Dig_NYC

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Personally I would not leave them in your car last thing you want something bad to happen in. If its all clad I would go to the bank and turn it in for papper money. Then the evil it spreads through the world instead of all on you and your family. Take a Cross and some Holly Water to the site and leave them in the moneys place. God can handle any kind of voodoo. I like your faith. ;D

Keep @ it and HH!!

I hate to cash it in, since I'm building up a yearly hoard for my end of year total finds photo.
I sure hope a tree doesn't land on my car though.
Harry.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice hand full of clad! Picking up all those nickels means you did not miss much. HH, Mike

LOL. He got every coin! LOL these were EYEBALLED!

All sorts of Voodoo threads here recently. Is this Saint Paddy's Day or Halloween???

The only way to break the curse is to dance up and down in a pair of pink speedos while wearing Easter Bunny ears and tossing CLAD out to the kiddies. You must film this and post it on YouTube with a link here on Tnet in order to break the curse.

:D

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Oh the visions I'm having! I didn't WANT to picture that, but I did, and now it will haunt me all day.

OP
OP
I_Dig_NYC

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

Ken from Atlanta said:
I wonder what tainted voodoo money would do to a coinstar machine.

I'm not sure about that, but I am thinking of taking my Prizm II and "cleansing" it in the ocean.
Hey wait a minute my MD didn't discover that voodoo thing I did. I guess my MD dodged a bullet.
It's only coming after me. Damm >:( :(

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D

Ha Ha ;D...all of this talk about that vodoo stuff is hysterical! It is not real, though it is a recognized religon. When I was stationed in Central America it was fun to mess with those doctors who practiced that stuff. Still, if you got to believe in something I guess it is okay.

OP
OP
I_Dig_NYC

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

BuckleBoy said:
Bavaria Mike said:

LOL. He got every coin! LOL these were EYEBALLED!

All sorts of Voodoo threads here recently. Is this Saint Paddy's Day or Halloween???

The only way to break the curse is to dance up and down in a pair of pink speedos while wearing Easter Bunny ears and tossing CLAD out to the kiddies. You must film this and post it on YouTube with a link here on Tnet in order to break the curse.

:D

Believe me you don't wanna see me in speedos. You may go blind.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

That's too funny! :D :D :D Great post and finds.....Have a priest bless the jar of coins and all will be good again. I have to admit though, I would have reluctantly picked them up too!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
I_Dig_NYC

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

BuckleBoy, bomber, Ken and the rest of you may be right that money is cursed. :o
My wife quit talking to me since I brung it home. ::)
Good curse think I'll keep it. ;D

Harry.....

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hairy ah I meant Harry,

I'm just checking to see how you are feeling...you don't look too well to me sickturkey.jpg

Attachments

• sickturkey.jpg
    sickturkey.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,023

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul. Good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions