Found my first civil war relics this morning!

Mar 2, 2014
Found two three ringers. One unfired and one that has been. I also found a piece of lead that looks like it may have teeth marks on it! Any comments or ideas about that piece is welcome. Found in Fayetteville Arkansas.

Attachments

• image-4045328024.jpg
    image-4045328024.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 7
Now your hooked. Go find the place they were firing from and dig some nice brass. Good luck and nice finds.

Good stuff Jeep. What state are you hunting in ? Lucky enough to be able to dig a few CW relics most days here in Tennessee if you go after them, and just wondered if you were near. :icon_thumleft:

I've always preferred "shot" bullets, which BOTH of yours are. The deformation around the nose of your other bullet is evidence of a ramrod pushing it down. Shot bullets have more of a story to tell! Dropped bullets re worth more . . . but they just fell out of a pouch somewhere. Shot bullets - who fired that thing? Under what circumstances? What did it hit? That could be an interesting . . . or a horrible tale. We need more pics of your other lead piece. It could be a carved bullet . . .

Nice congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back