What's new

Found My First Interesting Button... Sorta Need Help With Date

jaypop06

Full Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2014
Messages
145
Reaction score
112
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button on the banks of the Ohio River on the Kentucky side. It seems to be made of lead all over except for in the middle and that appears to be plastic or some type of shell or something. It rang up on the ACE 350 just like lead always does. The area that I found this button is some sort of old trash dump or something. I have found really old bottles there and also managed to pull out a 1909 Indian head penny.

My question is, would anyone happen to be able to give an idea of what time period this button is from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
20150821_203731_resized.webp20150821_203710_resized.webp
 
Upvote 2
My best estimate is early 20th century on that button.
 
Wow... I wasn't thinking that old... thanks for taking the time to give some info.
 
No signs of it being Lead.

Hard one to date, at first I wasn't 100% sure it was even a button. If it is, the guess above seems about right.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom