What's new

Found my wings

johnnycat

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville, IN.
Detector(s) used
Legend and Nokta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upon returning from Vietnam, ('67) I had a kind of rough time for some time. During that time I ended up throwing away most of my Army stuff. But I could never remember my helicopter crew member wings. Over the course of the following years I at time looked for them when I would stumble across a box containing old stuff. My wife had often said, why don't you just get another set? Wouldn't have been the same. Yesterday afternoon I went for my daily walk and heard and saw a helicopter going by headed to our local AF base. Brought back some memories. I got home showered and as I entered the bedroom my wife had the room in a whirl. She was,"cleaning". She stretched out her hand and said, "Are these yours?" It was my wings. She had found them in a box full of old pencils and erasers. Found after 42 years!!! Damn, this screen is getting a little blurry on me.
 
Very Glad you found them.
Thanks again for meeting with me for breakfast.
I will be checking the southern weather daily.
Minstrel
 
A new set wouldn't do any good. the design has changed as I learned when the
Army replaced my badges and medals destroyed by flood. I can find the style in
the after-market. glad you found your originals. siegfried schlagrule
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom