Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today on a short 30 minute hunt. Screamed like hell on the AT, was hoping for a big coin or something hidden in the rock wall. But nope... Just this old dirty hoe..

To commensurate this recent let down... I bought a Minelab CTX 3030. Can't wait to break it in! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450053102.519603.jpg

Upvote 3

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not happy with your at pro?

that's a serious upgrade! I just bought an at pro and waiting for it to arrive. It was a bit out of my budget and admittedly probably to fast of an upgrade for my skill level but I did take a serious look at that CTX 3030, I bet your gonna love it if you take the time to ride the learning curve:thumbsup: make sure you buy the companion book:icon_thumleft:

if you don't mind going into it, I would like to hear what you found lacking about your current set up and what problems you hope to have solved with the new one8-)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be sure to keep the dirty hoes away from the CTX bling!

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just realized you have an at gold not and at pro....sorry about that

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup that's one dirty hoe, the good news is the 3030 likes them too!:laughing7: I've got a stable full of dug hoe parts.

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my AT GOLD, have found some great stuff with it. Just... That 3030 is a great machine to pick out goodies in the iron rich cellar holes and burnt out houses I have been searching. I will keep using the AT for the beach and streams, but the 3030 is my land machine!

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have literally spent the last 6 months reading about every metal detector conceivable, I started off wanting the at pro, but began to try to talk myself down from it because of all the negative "hopping on the bandwagon" stuff I read about people and their opinion on the at pro.

after reading up on everything else ( in the at's price range) I came full circle back to wanting it again, realizing that buying it because it is popular and it's the detector the guys on the tv show swing, would be as dumb as not buying it because it because of it's popularity.

i hope and think it will, scratch the itch i have for the perfect detector for me, until i make a huge jump in price range......my next upgrade will be to the ctx3030....and in my dream world, i will be paying for it with the finds from my at pro! .....i better get digging :)

i hope you enjoy yours~!

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope I do too! That AT is great machine. I out hunted 2 buddies with Minelabs, so it's more the user than the detector. Swing slow, and learn the machine and it will do all you need it to.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The CTX is a great machine. If you're good with that ATP then I know you'll have a great time with the CTX as well. Just for the record I will take a dirty old hoe anytime. No, not my machine, me! lol.

Steve

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today on a short 30 minute hunt. Screamed like hell on the AT, was hoping for a big coin or something hidden in the rock wall. But nope... Just this old dirty hoe..

To commensurate this recent let down... I bought a Minelab CTX 3030. Can't wait to break it in! View attachment 1246664

I like the way you think. I'll bet if you would have had the Minelab that hoe would have turned out to be a cap bust half

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So DATS where my hoe be at! Never Doubt the awesomeness of the ATPro, I will let my record of finds with my battle-scarred ATP speak for itself. Sub 8-)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS A REAL OLE WHOE YOU GOT THERE .

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my AT, she is scratched, bent, duct taped up, but always has delivered. It's gonna be my water machine until my oldest son can swing it and he will have the best first detector. With all the dang iron (and hoes..) in my spots I needed a little more target separation.

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CTX is a great machine. If you're good with that ATP then I know you'll have a great time with the CTX as well. Just for the record I will take a dirty old hoe anytime. No, not my machine, me! lol.

Steve

Always nice to have a dirty how once and awhile.... Prefer them not to be too old though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread