What's new

Found Oldest Coin yet (1852) at a New Site

NorILdigcollector

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2015
Messages
268
Reaction score
1,172
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found new site at the park the other day where a home site was located from an 1859 map. I had tried to locate the site couple times before but with no luck. I finally found it. I found an 1860 IH with a square nail hole through it along with an old pin and small gold plated ring a couple weeks ago. I found the button first and then was amazed when I dug the 1852 large cent right in the middle of the trail I was detecting along. I am looking forward to more finds here. I might post the button in another forum. It had a pattern of dots punched in the front of it (seven around the outside in a circle, seven in a tight circle near the center, and one right in the center).
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20211025-221233_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20211025-221233_Gallery.webp
    312.1 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 26
I found new site at the park the other day where a home site was located from an 1859 map. I had tried to locate the site couple times before but with no luck. I finally found it. I found an 1860 IH with a square nail hole through it along with an old pin and small gold plated ring a couple weeks ago. I found the button first and then was amazed when I dug the 1852 large cent right in the middle of the trail I was detecting along. I am looking forward to more finds here. I might post the button in another forum. It had a pattern of dots punched in the front of it (seven around the outside in a circle, seven in a tight circle near the center, and one right in the center).
Nice Large Cent!!! Congrats!!!
 
I found new site at the park the other day where a home site was located from an 1859 map. I had tried to locate the site couple times before but with no luck. I finally found it. I found an 1860 IH with a square nail hole through it along with an old pin and small gold plated ring a couple weeks ago. I found the button first and then was amazed when I dug the 1852 large cent right in the middle of the trail I was detecting along. I am looking forward to more finds here. I might post the button in another forum. It had a pattern of dots punched in the front of it (seven around the outside in a circle, seven in a tight circle near the center, and one right in the center).
Beautiful large cent Congratulations on your nice recovery
 
I found new site at the park the other day where a home site was located from an 1859 map. I had tried to locate the site couple times before but with no luck. I finally found it. I found an 1860 IH with a square nail hole through it along with an old pin and small gold plated ring a couple weeks ago. I found the button first and then was amazed when I dug the 1852 large cent right in the middle of the trail I was detecting along. I am looking forward to more finds here. I might post the button in another forum. It had a pattern of dots punched in the front of it (seven around the outside in a circle, seven in a tight circle near the center, and one right in the center).
very nice save! wtg, research and persistence paying off
 
Congratulation, beautiful 1852 large cent! Great find.
 
A big congrats on you oldest coin yet - it's a day you'll remember !
 
Sounds like a promising spot, congrats on the finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom