What's new

Found on a known Civil War site by a friend

misplacedrednek

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
303
Reaction score
268
Golden Thread
0
Location
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off let me start by saying it's been a while since I have posted but i'm constantly lurking checking out the finds. This was found by a friend at a known Civil War site and I feel like I have seen one on here before but my memory fails me. Anybody have a clue what it is? Horse brush was my first thought but I honestly don't know. Thanks in advance. Matt
 

Attachments

  • IMG956100.webp
    IMG956100.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 90
That's a standard size paper towel it's laying on.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like an old potato peeler, or a cheese slicer, missing the wire slicer part.
 
Upvote 0
It might be a type of what they called a "Balling Iron".
For holding the mouth open for giving medicine.
 

Attachments

  • balling iron.webp
    balling iron.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
It may be any of those. Part of the fun of detecting, guessing what something may or may not be.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom