What's new

Found on beach. Could it be an artifact🤔

Omaisel

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 31, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI EVERYONE,

I'm new to the forum my name is Oscar.

My brother and myself were out looking for fossils on the beach, and I found this rock. Now to me it definitely doesn't look natural, and I was wondering if anyone might know if it is an Indian artifact and or what it might be.

Thank you in advance.
 

Attachments

  • 20190131_140201.webp
    20190131_140201.webp
    702.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20190131_140145.webp
    20190131_140145.webp
    503.7 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
Welcome!

sorry but that is a natural piece and not an artifact. Can’t think of what they are called tho.
 
Geofact? Yeah thought so, but better to be safe��. Thank you
 
Looks like a prehistoric pair of lopsided testicles.
 
Haha, yeah it really does. Maybe I should post it in the fossils section lol
 
As already said, it is not an artifact and it is not a fossil. It is a mineralized form of nodule that is normally in a single round specimen, but they are also found fused together in two or more per nodule.
 
Thank you guys! I suspected so, but like I said better to be sure
 
Yeah i have to agree they are called concretions. Here is a really nice one made of calcite.
concretion.webp
 
These are the nodules that old digger is probably talking about.
skc1.webp
 
That would still be a keeper.
 
Natural rock with a hernia :laughing7:
Still a keeper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom