What's new

Found on beach

castersd

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board, so go easy on the rookie (ha). I was at Flagler Beach, south of St Augustine, and found a driftwood looking small piece. I broke it, thinking it was just some old wood and found the nail in the pictures inside of it. Does anyone know how to find out where/what it came from? I'm really curious as it looks like a old, old nail.

Thanks for the feedback.

1.webpNail 2.webp
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum, Castersd:hello:


I have found several of those things...I thought that they might be some type of spike from old ships/boats :dontknow:
 
That's what I was thinking as well. But, how would you verify something like that?
 
Is it square, if so then it is probably pre 1900.
 
Congratulation! Good start.
 
Thanks for the well wishes. The nail most definitely is square at the top and raised in the middle.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom