Found on beach!

mandemick

Jul 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO I found this today on the beach in the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick Canada.....the tide starting coming up fast. Any clue as to what type of chest this is? IMG_20150713_152805.jpg

Upvote 12

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was probably devoid of treasure, but you can't argue with the fact that the trunk is a treasure in and of itself, likely lost close to 100 years ago. Anything inside would just be a bonus (in my opinion anyway). I've found my share of treasure washed up on beaches, but honestly nothing as massive as a trunk/treasure chest. Truth be told if I ever found a treasure that took up the entire inside of a trunk I would probably never tell anyone, not even my T-net friends :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only way anyone would know if I did is if they noticed my mailing address was Tahiti......

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

r.hatchling

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2012
No you didn't. I'm serious. Take my word for it. I know how exciting something like this may seem, too good to be true, but chances are it may be the real thing. If it is, keep it to yourself.
Exactly dony say a thing...but since you already did have you been back out?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put on a wet suit . Rent a dredging ridge go after it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting find. But it's no treasure chest. Nor is it a chest, or a container. It's piece of steel off of some type of machinery. Probably late 1800's to the 1930s' somewhere in there. It almost looks like leather. You should have blurred the photo a bit to give it that Lochness Monster feel. Still, it is interesting.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting find. But it's no treasure chest. Nor is it a chest, or a container. It's piece of steel off of some type of machinery. Probably late 1800's to the 1930s' somewhere in there. It almost looks like leather. You should have blurred the photo a bit to give it that Lochness Monster feel. Still, it is interesting.
I too thought heavy industry rather than chest or safe.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,,

It's now September 13th and the OP started the thread on July 13th.
Either it was a winner and the OP is reclining on a beach with Kanacki and Crow or it was a loser and they just bagged the thread.
In posts like this I like to THINK the OP was a winner (but deep down I know otherwise).
But still the SUSPENSE is ,,,,,,,,,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread