Found on the sidewalk: Hermes Sterling silver bracelet! (Owner located)

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today, right in front of my apartment building, I found a very heavy bracelet. At first I wasn't sure if it was silver since I couldn't find any marks on it.
I went to Google images and kept looking and I finally found the bracelet.
It is a 13 link, "Chaîne d'Ancre" ("anchor chain" in English), in Sterling Silver and retails for $990.00

As I am the manager of the apartment building I will check with my tenants to see if anyone lost it. There is a very faint makers mark on the big round link that is supposed to say "Hermes Paris" and I can barely make out part of the Paris. A link to the Hermes store listing:
http://usa.hermes.com/webapp/wcs/st...rentCategoryId=84001&productId=24605&nbItem=0

This thing is very chunky, weighing in just shy of 74 grams.
I will update if I find the owner. Someone has worn this for a long time and will miss it.

Attachments

• Hermes bracelet01.JPG
    Hermes bracelet01.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 2,683
  • Hermes bracelet04.JPG
    Hermes bracelet04.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,050
OP
OP
mr_larry

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Found on the sidewalk: Hermes Sterling silver bracelet!

The owner has been found; it was one of my tenants. He was pretty thrilled as he has had the bracelet for 30 years.
I should also note that he used to work for Hermes 30 years ago in France. He's a French guy.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:
I really admire and respect a person such as yourself. :notworthy:
It's an honor to know that there's individuals of your caliber still around. :headbang:
Thank you and may the good lord watch over you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread