P POSMATT04 Tenderfoot Joined Jun 8, 2014 Messages 5 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 8, 2014 #1 Hello, all: I found this while hiking near Dayton, OH. It appears to be glazed inside and out. What do you think? Something? Nothing? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks, posmatt04 Upvote 0
Hello, all: I found this while hiking near Dayton, OH. It appears to be glazed inside and out. What do you think? Something? Nothing? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks, posmatt04
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 8, 2014 #2 Welcome to TNET! Nice find, but I do not believe it is native American made.
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 8, 2014 #3 Welcome aboard, but that is not Native American Pottery. More than likely from the late 1800's or early 1900's.
Welcome aboard, but that is not Native American Pottery. More than likely from the late 1800's or early 1900's.
P POSMATT04 Tenderfoot Joined Jun 8, 2014 Messages 5 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 8, 2014 Thread Owner #4 Thanks, guys! I assume the biggest giveaway is that it's glazed, is that right? Is there any characteristic that I can look for that might tell me more about it? Thanks again.
Thanks, guys! I assume the biggest giveaway is that it's glazed, is that right? Is there any characteristic that I can look for that might tell me more about it? Thanks again.
old digger Gold Member Joined Jan 15, 2012 Messages 7,553 Reaction score 7,437 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Detector(s) used White's MXT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 8, 2014 #5 Yes, the glazing is the give-away. There doesn't appear to be much there for identification.