Found, Researched, Going to return gold ring found scuba diving.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is a video just put out, but we did the dive in the very beginning of March before things got crazy with this virus. Its the first and only dive this year so far. The water was in the 40's and about 15'. We did it in wet/ semi dry suits with under layers. I got back to the beach in two hours my partner about 30 minutes later. He found the ring, I found the owner. The two would have been reunited by now except for current events. We use a wheelbarrow to carry our weights, tanks and gear to the water, it was too far to walk with gear on. We tied the wheelbarrow to one of our flags and floated it off the beach to secure it. We have been to this beach and done very well by boat in more comfortable weather, but on this dive I seemed to have EXCAL problems and a small air leak in my regulator that made it hard to hear signals. Thanks to my partner who seems to never be without a big bucket of luck, he had enough to do this video. It was a good shake down dive for both of us.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Until I read your full post, I wondered how you were able to leave a wheel barrow on the beach while you dove. I have used boards to get onto the ice at the tail-end of ice-fishing season and returned to shore only to find the planks had been stolen. Only needed to learn that lesson once. Now it comes with me unless I'm within about 50 yards and in sight.
Glad you were able to get out during that freakishly warm spell early on.
HH
dts

OP
OP
mike b

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We have never lost anything but most of our dives are from a boat. Its one of those wheelbarrows that has oversize balloon tires made for crossing the sand so its lite and buoyant. the weather was nice, water not so much so it was very safe floating just off the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread