D Donnagord Tenderfoot Joined Jan 4, 2016 Messages 1 Reaction score 3 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 4, 2016 #1 Hi Can anyone tell me more about this ring? I found it and is very old with no marking inside the ring. I assume it's worthless? Thank you. Attachments 20160104_193158.webp 211.2 KB · Views: 140 Upvote 6
Hi Can anyone tell me more about this ring? I found it and is very old with no marking inside the ring. I assume it's worthless? Thank you.
SusanMN Silver Member Joined Jun 1, 2007 Messages 4,563 Reaction score 4,098 Golden Thread 0 Location Minnesota Detector(s) used Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jan 4, 2016 #2 Looks like it could be very tarnished silver, which can make the markings hard to see. I would clean it with a paste of baking soda and see if it cleans up enough so that markings appear.
Looks like it could be very tarnished silver, which can make the markings hard to see. I would clean it with a paste of baking soda and see if it cleans up enough so that markings appear.
The Urban Prospector Bronze Member Joined Oct 18, 2014 Messages 1,196 Reaction score 1,922 Golden Thread 0 Location Wherever I am. Detector(s) used Tesoro Eldorado, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excal II, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Human eyes Primary Interest: Other Jan 5, 2016 #3 Looks like silver!! Congrats!
Q qaela4 Bronze Member Joined Jul 24, 2014 Messages 1,380 Reaction score 1,606 Golden Thread 0 Location Keene, New Hampshire Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax. Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jan 5, 2016 #4 Never assume anything is worthless until you know exactly what you have. Looks like it could be tarnished silver with a unique, cool design/motif.
Never assume anything is worthless until you know exactly what you have. Looks like it could be tarnished silver with a unique, cool design/motif.