What's new

Found silver in Briggs and Stratton

gearnoggin

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
87
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at the Briggs and Stratton engine plant in Kentucky. Currently were on our yearly shutdown were we repair machines and clean. Yesterday me and another operator were cleaning out a roller pit. Not long after we get started I pop up and tell the other guy I found a penny. A few minutes later he pops up and says I got you beat, I found a dime. Being a coin collector I just had to ask what year it was. When he replied 1964 I'm pretty sure my eyes bugged out a little. He gave it to me after I offered to buy It from him. By the end of the day we found about $4 in change and a dollar bill. Sorry such a long story. I haven't posted in a while and thought I'd share this with everyone.
 

Attachments

  • image-343257076.webp
    image-343257076.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 194
  • image-1682127528.webp
    image-1682127528.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 22
good save. I've always liked Briggs motors. Just had to order a new coil for the 12.5 Intek on my Snapper. Not getting any juice to the plug. Hopefully I'll have it going again by the weekend.
 
outstanding.gif
Great finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
good save. I've always liked Briggs motors. Just had to order a new coil for the 12.5 Intek on my Snapper. Not getting any juice to the plug. Hopefully I'll have it going again by the weekend.
Sounds like that could be the problem. If the coil don't fix it, change the plug next. My push mower had a bad plug a couple weeks ago. First time that's ever happened to me. Btw did you know that Briggs owns the Snapper brand? They bought them about 10 or 15 years ago.
 
We like stories about finding money!
You found more in the pit than I did out detecting!

It's the old "Treasure's where you find it" thing. Nice!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom