What's new

Found some stuff today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went a looking for a bit today by noon it was in the 70s and I wore insulated pants and a vest. I was sweating couldnt believe how hot it got cause just last week we had snow and ice. Anyway this is what I found. N.GA.
 

Attachments

  • SDC12043.webp
    SDC12043.webp
    302.8 KB · Views: 126
  • SDC12041.webp
    SDC12041.webp
    804.9 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Looks like 2017 is going to be your year for finds. Those are awesome! The one on the right in the first pic, is it a base of a broke? I'm going to try and get out tomorrow and some the rest of the long weekend and see how the creek is looking. Hoping it won't be too muddy since the snow has melted and it's supposed to rain tonight but might sneak upstream and see how it's looking.
 
that one right of center looks like a base also. Very cool stuff !
 
Looks like 2017 is going to be your year for finds. Those are awesome! The one on the right in the first pic, is it a base of a broke? I'm going to try and get out tomorrow and some the rest of the long weekend and see how the creek is looking. Hoping it won't be too muddy since the snow has melted and it's supposed to rain tonight but might sneak upstream and see how it's looking.

It looked like something when it was dirty but now looks like a piece of material that never got worked. But on the better side this is a small crude point which I though was just a cool flake.
 

Attachments

  • SDC12046.webp
    SDC12046.webp
    270.6 KB · Views: 90
You are on a good spot Rock, nice finds:icon_thumleft:

Ive found some nice ones there 2 years ago. They turned the field since and with the snow it has just about killed the cover crop and left some vacant spots clear. I looked in the spots and found some good things. Its warm now so the grass will be growing in soon.
 
that one right of center looks like a base also. Very cool stuff !

The little blue one? Its a point missing the right half. Either a bad impact fracture or the disc got it.
 
Is that a broke drill in the first pic on the right?

Both pieces use to be points at one time. The left one they turned into a hafted scraper the right one they made a tool out of it for cutting. The point looks old by the base but could be a Woodland point called Candy Creek turned into a tool.
 
There is a grainy looking piece that is dark in color 2nd row to the right. It has a notch on each side. Its not strong enough of material to be for cutting. I believe it is part of a gorget or something along those lines.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom