What's new

Found some wings

NJ Garrett

Full Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
115
Reaction score
235
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a little huntafter work. I came upon a signal, dug it, and out popped these shiny wings. Given how they came out of the ground, I was sure that it was silver or gold. After washing it off, I found that it says "stealing" on the back. Yes, I know that some will say "o, ma, that says sterling." I've looked at it carefully, and I'm 99% sure it says stealing. Weird.

Has anyone come across something like this before? I'd love to know what it is!

Kevin
20150417_212904.webp20150417_212924.webp
 
Upvote 8
Looks like pilots wings. Circa WWII?
 
Army avn lapel wings for a officers uniform. if with a coin like disk enlisted
 
Its definitely pilots wings (A metal pin usually silver, given to new pilots after they get their pilots licence) but it does not look military. :icon_scratch: I think its for small single engine private planes. Maybe for a club or something. :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:
 
Not sure what they're affiliated with but I like them. Nice find Kevin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom