What's new

Found somekind of scraper/tool

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.webp002.webp004.webpI finally got back out today to my old spot.As far as the surface goes it doesn't seem like there is much left.I walked around for about six hours not finding nothing but small debris .Towards the end of the hunt I found this scraper or tool.I am not quite sure what to think about it?It is pretty thin,side notched and has a edge all the way around it.It looks like the same spotted material that some morrow mountain pieces are made from.What do you guys think?
 
Upvote 0
I will let somebody else decide that one for you.
 
Could be a hide scraper?
I am thinking a scraper too,I am wondering if it was attached to a handle across the middle opposed to the bottom, and both ends where used,like a double ended scraper of some kind?or maybe not :)
 
Last edited:
It looks like an oddly shaped reduction flake to me
 
I don't think it was notched.
I think there was probably imperfections in the Flint that needed to be removed and those are just the edges of what could have been fossils that popped out or some other impurities in the stone
 
I see what you mean.I think your probably right.I think I will just toss it in the "back- collection bag.Thanks for the tips!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom