What's new

Found something far from home today and some other goodies

pl8man

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
4,204
Reaction score
4,643
Golden Thread
2
Location
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No work today so off I went to hunt a park that's around 100 years old . This is the location I found my first and only Morgan silver dollar . This park is very trashy but still will give up an oldie if you really listen :thumbsup: . No silver today but I did find something that's cool to find here in San Jose California , a 1950's New York transit token . It was a good 5 inches deep . Also found a big old button with and anchor on it . The only old coin found was a 1940S wheat cent . I will say I thought I had a real oldie when I first dug up a 1969 1/2 franc . It just has that old coin look :laughing7: . Total clad for 2 hours was $9.16 .
HH
Glen
 

Attachments

  • 100_3477.webp
    100_3477.webp
    788.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_3482.webp
    100_3482.webp
    819.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_3483.webp
    100_3483.webp
    677.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_3484.webp
    100_3484.webp
    635.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_3487.webp
    100_3487.webp
    577.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_3488.webp
    100_3488.webp
    619.6 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 24
Congrats on the nice token and other quality finds.
 
any wording upon the button back? --looks naval
 
Nice digs Glen! That token is very cool and the Franc does look like an older coin at first glance!
 
Nice variety there Glen ! :occasion14: I got two wheat cents today and think I left a car frame in the dirt also :laughing7: big metal junk that wouldn't move at all with my Lesche.
 
Transits tokens and foreign coins give those odd signals all time!
 
That is a swell hunt, Glen. We seem to be in a parallel digging universe half of the time! That Franc would have freaked me out too, until I got it home to clean..
Sub 8-)
 
I remember seeing those tokens in my dad's pocket change! They were in use through the 60s and early 70s as well. Then I believe they filled in the "Y" as the price of the tokens went up and they didn't want people hoarding them before the price increase. I have a pair of cuff links that feature those tokens. Nice find!
 
Like the travel token, A long ways from home!
 
Actually you have a very interesting assortment of finds there with coins and tokens from a number of sources. The 1/2 franc is Swiss, not French. The "Canal De Vieux" button I believe is a civilian fashion button though there are some mentions of "French naval" on the Internet.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=canal+de+vieux+button
 
pretty cool variety, that NY transit token all the way in CA is pretty darn neat

cool hunt!
 
Cool stuff pl8man!
 
Token is my profile pic but I'm more impressed your in Cali. I found mine in a Jersey car junkyard hunt, under a seat.
 
You never fail to produce interesting finds Glen! :occasion14:

I too found one of those WWII French Navy buttons a couple of years ago! :thumbsup:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • WW II - French Navy Button.webp
    WW II - French Navy Button.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom