What's new

Found something today I had never found before...

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...a 2009-P nickel.

Haven't found the 2009-D yet either or a 2009 dime with any mintmark.

At least I know there are some in circulation now.
 
Upvote 0
Amazing! They do exist! Count yourself among the lucky, GMan.

Hard to tell in my part of the country. If one doesn't surface in the next 8 days or so it'll be the first time I haven't found one in the year of release.

Here's my 2009 report:

Cent:

Version 1 - P & D
Version 2 - P & D
Version 3 - P & D
Version 4 - none

Plus a full roll of each D-mint from circulation (well...slots, actually)

Nickel: None

Dime: P only

Quarter: Only DC (D) & PR (D)

Half: P only
 
still haven't seen either the nickles or dimes. also have only found the first 2 versions of the pennies. i still find it pretty strange that these coins are minted right here in Philly yet none of the banks have them. the pennies i did find were in my new neighborhood 30 miles from Philly.
 
Thats a hard one to pull. Its amazing, I have been searching nickels hard since August and havent seen one. Every forum I read, everyone else is having the same luck getting 2009's.
 
I havent gotten any of the nickels or dimes yet, but I have found all 4 pennies (Denver mint only), and I think I have all the quarters. I know that I have DC, PR, Samoa, and the Virgin Islands. Which one am I missing? :) With that missing coin, and two others, I will have finished my type set of state quarters.
 
alexfm123 said:
Which one am I missing? :) With that missing coin, and two others, I will have finished my type set of state quarters.

Guam, I think
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom