Found this at Bantam Lake , In Bantam C.T, What is it?

Is this a piece of junk metal or is it possible it something other then just junk

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I notice some very high asking prices on the old tapered mandrels but I dont think your item falls in this category. You keep saying yourself that its worth whatever someone will pay for it. Well after 9 months you change the viking knife story to a Bantam Lake find to promote you product. We are not here to promote your item or help you sell it. We only ID it. Its been IDed as a drift, weight, anode or junk. Only 2 members (SS and Terry) think its a meteorite and Terry didnt vote. Some of these old pieces of steel cannot be positively IDed. Time to put it on eBay or look for another way to make money. This one has pretty much run its course.

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
This thread reminds me of another thread that a young lady started sometime a year or two ago in the "what is it" forum, when she found a piece of iron slag on the New Jersey Beaches with a toilet puller chain, and a rosie fused to it. She thought she found an ancient gold chain fused to a stack of reales I believe .hilarious

Anyone have a link to the above mentioned thread? Belongs right next to this one :)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well I touched down on UK soil at 5.30am made a post or two at about 6.30am...which seem to have dissapeared :icon_scratch: Unless a Mod removed them, the only outher person would be the OP...can he do that :icon_scratch:

SS
Yes the mod has been removing posts. Did you repair your oil platform? I have a feeling you may be able to purchase the item at a reduced price.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I touched down on UK soil at 5.30am made a post or two at about 6.30am...which seem to have dissapeared :icon_scratch: Unless a Mod removed them, the only outher person would be the OP...can he do that :icon_scratch:

SS

My post disappeared too from this AM. I'd been curious if DIAZ had had a chance to call the Royal Albert Hall in London regarding his discovery. I'd procured a contact there who specializes in artifacts of this nature named Billy Shears, but alas the post is gone :(

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the mod has been removing posts. Did you repair your oil platform? I have a feeling you may be able to purchase the item at a reduced price.
I think I might hang on till I see Joshr29 replica, I could sell that to the BM, then purchase the original with there money:laughing7:

SS

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This thread reminds me of another thread that a young lady started sometime a year or two ago in the "what is it" forum, when she found a piece of iron slag on the New Jersey Beaches with a toilet puller chain, and a rosie fused to it. She thought she found an ancient gold chain fused to a stack of reales I believe .hilarious
I thought that find was a lot more interesting than this one.

OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS
ok then Welcome back to earth!!!!!:laughing7:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I think I might hang on till I see Joshr29 replica, I could sell that to the BM, then purchase the original with there money:laughing7:

SS
I am already working on a replica and I have an eBay account. I should have mine on eBay by tonight.

OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He probably voted before the Mod changed the poll. So when it reset, he was able to vote again.
Either that, or he's trying to muddy the waters so he has a better shot at it on Ebay.
thanks for the info....

OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post disappeared too from this AM. I'd been curious if DIAZ had had a chance to call the Royal Albert Hall in London regarding his discovery. I'd procured a contact there who specializes in artifacts of this nature named Billy Shears, but alas the post is gone :(
No not yet ......

OP
OP
D

DIAZ

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the iron man and sorry I see no comparison color or anything in reguards to your item ? HH
BK
then show the full pic then ...........not just half of it....

crazyfish

Jul 20, 2010
I voted It's from Outer Space, because there is NO other logical explanation. That is the end all. You may now close the thread :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 628142 View attachment 628143 View attachment 628111 View attachment 628105 Hello i found this while metal detecting. ive took it to several antique stores , they all have the same story that it is iron, it contains another mineral, it seems to be from the early middle ages, none of them know what it is.in the process of talking to a musuem by email.....if any one knows what it is would love your opinion. please let me know it feels really heavy, but weighs 1.5 pounds...had it weighed at a place that buys gold it is very shiny like silver also has flow lines all over surface along with the regmaglypts,i am stumped, please help!!!! the length of the item starting at the broken tip is 7 and a 1/2 iches long the width at the bottom is 4 inches, i found the item in torrington, connecticut, usa... the back of the item is the same as also with the bottom of the piece......if any more information or pics are needed let me know, looking for everyones opinion thanx..............jeff

View attachment 731563 weighs 1.5 pounds, really heavy, 7 1/2 inchs long.. dont know much about it , have any clues???????????

My question is why are you back under a new user name posting the same drift and asking what it is....... In your post from April as "Jeff you said...

not at all it is a unique and possibly one of a kind drift thankyou!! as qouted from an blacksmith expert......

You were insulting to members then who were telling you it was a drift, then you admitted it is a drift as told to you by a blacksmith expert...

This thread will be locked down shortly.......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread