✅ SOLVED Found this doing yard work. I believe it is natural platinum. But?????

IAMKNOW1

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some yard work about a year ago and found what looked like a fossil to me and having always loved different rocks & minerals I brought it in the house. Doing some more yard work I began to notice there was A LOT of rocks in this yard. I can dig down 3 feet or so and have river rocks start filling my hole back up with little to no dirt. I started looking at some of these and I could see gold & pyrite, silver, gray to dark gray to metals in a lot of them. Now I am landscaping and breaking rocks. I picked up the old fossil & noticed gold & silver color in it so I decided to break it open and this is what I found. The nugget weighs 97.7 gr's & I tried your torch test. 20 minutes later & the tip of the nugget wasnt even red yet. I let it cool down & it looked like it had never seen a torch. I have a couple magnets that will really pinch your fingers & it just barely stuck to it. The complete piece weighs 1.74lbs. I washed it off after breaking it out of it's casing and glued it back together for the pictures. 0211030255a.jpg 0216030026.jpg 0216030025.jpg 0211030242a.jpg I have never seen anything like it in 50 years and was hoping someone on here could just verify what I think I have found. Thank you very much in advance, I can't wait to read your answers. T.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay folks, since this has been solved (:laughing7: ), this will be my last post; I think we've beat this dead horse enough . .by the way, the popcorn produced a bumper crop, so now it's time to enjoy some popcorn and a good movie. After all, tomorrow is another day.

View attachment 756686

agreed.nice job on the corn breezie. i'm sure someone else will do something similar soon..so keep the popcorn fresh and i'll freeze the butter..
OWG.....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread