✅ SOLVED Found this doing yard work. I believe it is natural platinum. But?????

IAMKNOW1

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some yard work about a year ago and found what looked like a fossil to me and having always loved different rocks & minerals I brought it in the house. Doing some more yard work I began to notice there was A LOT of rocks in this yard. I can dig down 3 feet or so and have river rocks start filling my hole back up with little to no dirt. I started looking at some of these and I could see gold & pyrite, silver, gray to dark gray to metals in a lot of them. Now I am landscaping and breaking rocks. I picked up the old fossil & noticed gold & silver color in it so I decided to break it open and this is what I found. The nugget weighs 97.7 gr's & I tried your torch test. 20 minutes later & the tip of the nugget wasnt even red yet. I let it cool down & it looked like it had never seen a torch. I have a couple magnets that will really pinch your fingers & it just barely stuck to it. The complete piece weighs 1.74lbs. I washed it off after breaking it out of it's casing and glued it back together for the pictures. 0211030255a.jpg 0216030026.jpg 0216030025.jpg 0211030242a.jpg I have never seen anything like it in 50 years and was hoping someone on here could just verify what I think I have found. Thank you very much in advance, I can't wait to read your answers. T.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
would you people please let this thread die? he's never coming back to tell us what it was. It was probably a hoax. Don't make me keep looking to see if there's an answer. for the love of that fiat abarth tv commercial model, let it die!!!!!

Jeff, if he/she did come back and make a post, would you believe anything he said? I wouldn't, even if it were authorized by the Pope. If he said had been sick/hospitalized for the past X weeks or without a computer, I'd still look at it with one eye closed.

Enjoy the ride :) Breezie

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The truth is I never thought it was a hoax. I just couldnt understand how he kept saying the nugget was hidden until he broke it open but it doesnt look like it was ever hidden in the picture. I am still willing to give the benefit of the doubt however he/she should have updated by now and the $10,000 donation in exchange for testing sounds a bit far fetched.

Upvote 0

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Jeff, if he/she did come back and make a post, would you believe anything he said? I wouldn't, even if it were authorized by the Pope. If he said had been sick/hospitalized for the past X weeks or without a computer, I'd still look at it with one eye closed.

Enjoy the ride :) Breezie

Yeah remember the pope quit so ..... Lol

Upvote 0

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now come on guy's...if the pope grew corn..would we have pope-corn...i'm still waiting on an update from breezie..
owg.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now come on guy's...if the pope grew corn..would we have pope-corn...i'm still waiting on an update from breezie..
owg.

POPE-CORN :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Okay, OWH, you need to do at least 3 hail Mary's for that one! :) Breezie

Upvote 0

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brezzie,

I got tired waiting on your popcorn to be harvested, dried and ready for the microwave, so I grabbed the bag my son just took out of the microwave, he's mad now, but I have my popcorn!!! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brezzie,

I got tired waiting on your popcorn to be harvested, dried and ready for the microwave, so I grabbed the bag my son just took out of the microwave, he's mad now, but I have my popcorn!!! :laughing7:

AUSeeker, I'm reporting you for child abuse! :laughing7: Just as Paul Masson said, 'we sell no wine before its time,' the same holds true for this popcorn. As you can see it's almost ready to pick.
PopcornEar.jpg

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four pages and way off Topic, why has this thread not been locked :icon_scratch: waist of disc space :BangHead:

SS

Upvote 0

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
would you people please let this thread die? he's never coming back to tell us what it was. It was probably a hoax. Don't make me keep looking to see if there's an answer. for the love of that fiat abarth tv commercial model, let it die!!!!!

What was the question? I left Mother popcorn in Korea with the yellow giant from Colorado? 20130222_112827.jpg 20130306_154937.jpg 20130309_195520.jpg HH Boris Whom melted the aluminum? Tom Tew did it! Whilst Wm. Kidd was searching for him in Madagascar{St. Maries} then he returned to Newport and saw the Greene family and hid his men. Governor Bellemont was concerned about this, and my 11th greatgrandfather. A Lt. Jonathan Delano 1647-1720 who was at Kidd's trial in Boston in 1700. My question is why they would hang an innocent man twice? King William knew the answer as he gave him a "letter of Marque".:metaldetector: Wm. K called this Island"Dead Man's island",:skullflag: and found it using a horseshoe shaped Island to come here[Nantucket]?:4leafclover: Note of Epilog, The baby ducks have hatched!

Attachments

• 2012-01-27 11.05.21.jpg
    2012-01-27 11.05.21.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 20120127_110816.jpg
    20120127_110816.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 20120511_105739.jpg
    20120511_105739.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugghh!!! I just went through ten pages of nothing to find out nothing! The popcorn posts were pretty entertaining though!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread