✅ SOLVED Found this doing yard work. I believe it is natural platinum. But?????

IAMKNOW1

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some yard work about a year ago and found what looked like a fossil to me and having always loved different rocks & minerals I brought it in the house. Doing some more yard work I began to notice there was A LOT of rocks in this yard. I can dig down 3 feet or so and have river rocks start filling my hole back up with little to no dirt. I started looking at some of these and I could see gold & pyrite, silver, gray to dark gray to metals in a lot of them. Now I am landscaping and breaking rocks. I picked up the old fossil & noticed gold & silver color in it so I decided to break it open and this is what I found. The nugget weighs 97.7 gr's & I tried your torch test. 20 minutes later & the tip of the nugget wasnt even red yet. I let it cool down & it looked like it had never seen a torch. I have a couple magnets that will really pinch your fingers & it just barely stuck to it. The complete piece weighs 1.74lbs. I washed it off after breaking it out of it's casing and glued it back together for the pictures. 0211030255a.jpg 0216030026.jpg 0216030025.jpg 0211030242a.jpg I have never seen anything like it in 50 years and was hoping someone on here could just verify what I think I have found. Thank you very much in advance, I can't wait to read your answers. T.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Digracer

Mar 1, 2013
Natchitoches, La
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 until I can get way better
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone can get this guy to mail this "OBJECT" to me in the heart of africa, Ill pay a commission........

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Could it be nickel? A magnet will sometimes barely stick to nickel.

It's probably different with natural nickel, but all my Canadian nickels stick strongly (the ones that are pure nickel). Even a 60% or something nickel should have quite a large attraction.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's probably different with natural nickel, but all my Canadian nickels stick strongly (the ones that are pure nickel). Even a 60% or something nickel should have quite a large attraction.
American nickels dont seem to attract at all or my magnets are weak..

Upvote 0

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find...hey breezie...i want my popcorn please...did you get the butter i made???
blah blah blah!!!
Owg...

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys-- every time you post the OP gets a little chuckle at your expense. sorry- jmho.

Actually I get a little chuckle too each time someone post. Laughter is good medicine, and we might as well make lemonade out of lemons . :) Breezie

Upvote 0

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys-- every time you post the OP gets a little chuckle at your expense. sorry- jmho.

Actually, no. He hasn't been here for two weeks.
I'm just in it for the popcorn!

Upvote 0

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok...popcorn it is...breezie it's on you now...look what you did...orville riddenbacher would be proud.
owg..

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Actually I get a little chuckle too each time someone post. Laughter is good medicine, and we might as well make lemonade out of lemons . :) Breezie
Yep laughter is good medicine. Hopefully the OP will have a sense of humor. I hope he will be a good sport and tell us the results of any testing and/or the opinion of the University.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The American nickel doesnt attract at 25%

The nickel, in American usage, is a five-cent coin issued by the United States Mint. Composed of 75% copper and 25% nickel, the piece has been struck since 1866.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ears seem to be filling in nicely.
popcorn1-300x225.jpg

OWG, I think you've had time to 'churn' butter.
Paleopilot, Mmmm, your popcorn looks store bought to me. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
would you people please let this thread die? he's never coming back to tell us what it was. It was probably a hoax. Don't make me keep looking to see if there's an answer. for the love of that fiat abarth tv commercial model, let it die!!!!!

Upvote 0

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff! You've had a make over! Woo- Hoo!

Look we're all still here to get Breezie's secret to her genetically altered popcorn. It's growing faster than my wacky tabaccy. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread