What's new

Found this in the creek last week

DrGrip

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
491
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Went out to explore a section of a creek last week looking for signs of an old homestead that shows on an old map. Didn't find the house, but I did find this little critter. Been a long time since I've seen one.

P6060099.jpg


P6060100.jpg


Grip
 
nice specimen. been trying to find one here in MO. no luck yet but I'll keep on keepin on.
 
If I could have a week in the creek bed out where I grew up I could come home with MANY of these with some being 18-24" across! We have BIG ones in Denton County, TX

If I had only known then...
 
I'll trade a bit 'o Hoosier huntin' for sum TX huntin, anyday!!!!

Wow...nice find.

(rsc, you seein' this action????and did u know about it?)
 
Hey, DR. Grip, nice specimen...I used to live in Denton County also...up around the Sanger area. We used to find the big ones in any creek bed...now tho, alot of the beds have been hunted out, can still find the negatives, but few of the actual fossils... :(
 
The ONLY time I can get to any of the big ones anymore is during a MAJOR dry spell and only at the back part of the property in a couple of deep holes. I saw several 2 years ago when the creek was dry, but too lazy to haul em out! :tongue3:

BTW, our place is in Drop, TX just outside of Justin.

Grip
 
Used to live just north of there, between Justin and Ponder, now called Dish...alot of nice creekbeds thru there...
 
That is an awesome fossil. Keep up the great work.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom