🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found this iron item while trash picking. No idea what it is!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this strange iron item in a box of kitchen utensils that I picked off the trash. Looks to be antique and possibly hand made, since the rivet heads are hammered flat and not ground down. Not sure if it's cooking related, but it may be. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_8135.jpg
IMG_8153.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Handle it too short for reducing molasses in a boi
Molasses-Wm-Earl-_lo-res-09.jpg
ler . (Or maple syrup in your area).
But could have been used to reduce something.

Upvote 1

dozer dan

Jan 14, 2008
PNW
Primary Interest:
Other
The handle appears to be only 3/8” thick so I’m thinking that it wasn’t used for scraping anything especially with the edge being flat and square.
I’m wondering if it may not be a bee hive pry bar for removing the nuc’s. The picture is of a more modern one.

Attachments

• 6C285EA8-8B86-43DA-A328-ACAD1D0F1209.jpeg
    6C285EA8-8B86-43DA-A328-ACAD1D0F1209.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 4
OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies! Still not positive what it is, though! No markings on it at all, so that makes it tough.

Upvote 1

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a stove in a restaurant you have a trap that catches grease in the front, it kind of resembles a trough, it could have been the scraper for that. Being all metal it wouldn't be something you would use all the time on a grill as the handle would get too hot to handle, so I think it was used only occasionally. So I wouldn't think of a spatula type of utensil. Or something of that kind of use , but it would make a good scraper of some sort.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread