What's new

Found this last week (Effigy?)

car209

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265 m-Scope/Whites coin master-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Husband and I were hunting our favorite place for Artifacts about a week ago and it was just about Dark and I found this Awesome piece... I have been speaking with someone that specializes in these Artifacts .. IMG_20140803_101428.webpIMG_20140803_101601.webp
found it myself so its no replica. It was found just North of a well documented Clovis Site. All opinions are welcome. Its about 3 1/2" tall.

20140804_175656.webp20140804_175342.webp
 
Upvote 0
I will tell you a secret. If nobody responds to your post its cause they think different and don't want to hurt your feelings. Its a cool rock though
 
My opinion...........I find all kinds of rocks that are unique to the area when looking thru old campgrounds. They liked pretty rocks almost as much as me!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing7:
 
I just sent it off to be Authenticated. The Bottom is flat and smooth. I found it in a old campsite,
 
Why would you waste your money to authenticate a rock? It is just a cool looking piece of Quartz. Not an artifact and definitely not an Effigy.
 
Ken Johnston
Aug 5 (7 days ago)

to me
I can see what you are talking about. Bull elephant in charging position with ears flared.

Maybe also another animal head facing left (horse muzzle?) and a horse facing right.

Definitely be looking for more visually unusual objects in the same area and you may be able to establish a pattern.
 
Ken Johnston
Aug 5 (7 days ago)

to me
I can see what you are talking about. Bull elephant in charging position with ears flared.

Maybe also another animal head facing left (horse muzzle?) and a horse facing right.

Definitely be looking for more visually unusual objects in the same area and you may be able to establish a pattern.



Ken Johnston, I believe he is the guy with the "Portable Rock Effigy" web page. He has been on this site before trying to convince folks that his naturally formed rocks are effigy's. If I remember correct, not one established member here agreed with his I.D. on said effigy's. I wish he would stop giving people false hope, and realize he is incorrect on most, if not all of his Identifications. I hope you have not, and do not pay him for his misinformation. The Grim Reaper has been collecting for over 50 years, I think, and actually owns real effigy's, I would trust his judgment over Ken Johnston's any day of the week. Good luck, and happy hunting.
 
Sorry car209 but The Grim Reaper is right.
 
Ken Johnston, I believe he is the guy with the "Portable Rock Effigy" web page. He has been on this site before trying to convince folks that his naturally formed rocks are effigy's. If I remember correct, not one established member here agreed with his I.D. on said effigy's. I wish he would stop giving people false hope, and realize he is incorrect on most, if not all of his Identifications. I hope you have not, and do not pay him for his misinformation. The Grim Reaper has been collecting for over 50 years, I think, and actually owns real effigy's, I would trust his judgment over Ken Johnston's any day of the week. Good luck, and happy hunting.
I forgot his username here but he was here.......

I would suggest you have a reputable authenticator look at ones you have certificates on. No need to say how much but hope he isn't charging you for certificates.
 
I think he was banned Treasure Hunter for promoting his site and rocks.
 
I think he was banned Treasure Hunter for promoting his site and rocks.
I do remember him and there was a problem with him attacking members who disagreed with his rocks he posted as artifacts.

Mother nature forms billions of rocks that man's sees shapes in, in the end they are still just rocks our minds twists into shapes in our minds.
 
I do remember him and there was a problem with him attacking members who disagreed with his rocks he posted as artifacts.

Mother nature forms billions of rocks that man's sees shapes in, in the end they are still just rocks our minds twists into shapes in our minds.


Thats what I recall, him being very disrespectful to others. I think that speaks volumes about his character.
 
Was he the same guy that was telling everyone that we would have to eat our words once the archeologist came buy an authenticated everything...then we never heard from him again??
 
He was real pain for us over at Arrowheadology too. We eventually gave him a timeout where whatever he posted was only seen by him and the Mods and Admins so he would get no replies and I think he just gave up and left. We may have actually banned him as well.
 
I met a dude in the woods one time that was telling me about all the "artifacts" he had found....He pulled a few out, and they were nothing but rocks from the, now removed, railroad bed....just granite chunks...but he was pointing out a "gorilla women holding a baby", and such....nice guy, but he smelled like marijuana...even more so when he popped back out of the woods! So I think the more weed he smoked...the more "artifacts" he found!!
 
He was real pain for us over at Arrowheadology too. We eventually gave him a timeout where whatever he posted was only seen by him and the Mods and Admins so he would get no replies and I think he just gave up and left. We may have actually banned him as well.
If I understand correctly that is genius! He would post and likely wonder why no one would reply, never knowing nobody else could see his posts! I love it!
 
true effigy pieces are never in doubt, they are obvious. Native peoples of thousands of years ago on any continent were skilled artisans and not ape-like creatures incapable of lithic mastery. Just look at an clovis point...10,000 years plus and the skill and lithic choices unmatched.
 
He was real pain for us over at Arrowheadology too. We eventually gave him a timeout where whatever he posted was only seen by him and the Mods and Admins so he would get no replies and I think he just gave up and left. We may have actually banned him as well.
Lol! That's funny as crap! You guys had him talking to himself. My dad and I were hunting artifacts long before the internet came along. When the net made it's way into homes, websites similar to that dudes got my attention. I got pulled into that garbage for a short stint. My dad stopped hunting with me for awhile. We all want to find that majestic piece so bad. When those "effigy finds" start outnumbering your arrowheads, that's when the let down comes along. Lol!
 
The funniest one I ever saw was a guy that was actually on here a long time ago that posted what he called The Madonna. It was a rock that did look like the Virgin Mary, there was no doubt it did. But, he claimed it came from a 20,000 year old site which would make it quite a few thousands of year before she was even born. So not only were they great artists, they could see into the future for their subjects.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom