Thunder bird effigy birdie

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
As promised my most special piece the thunder bird/eagle effigy birdie. Was found along with a couple other birdies I posted yesterday. It's all there no breaks the beak is prominent. One wing slightly larger than the other ive found that fairly consistent with a lot of authentic examples. Exited to hear you guys thoughts and opinions about it nobody's ever saw it until now.

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
  • RenderedImage.jpeg
    RenderedImage.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_7987.jpeg
    IMG_7987.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7989.jpeg
    IMG_7989.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
Upvote 15
OP
OP
DirtyHandsCleanPoints

DirtyHandsCleanPoints

Mar 30, 2024
Pretty cool. Looks like a point that was broken then repurposed, for what in this case I couldn't guess. The notch under the beak looks like it was for a purpose. Cool find.
Thanks for the comment another important point to me is that if you put the piece sideways as if it were in flight the smaller wing will always be on the back side as long as the beak is facing down as it would appear in real life. Could be a coincidence but worth noting.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's a cool find regardless, DirtyHandsCleanPoints. It's too small to use for a spoke shave, maybe split sinew? It would go to that culture and their beliefs, but I'm gonna take it as a thunderbird effigy. Post some more.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's a cool find regardless, DirtyHandsCleanPoints. It's too small to use for a spoke shave, maybe split sinew? It would go to that culture and their beliefs, but I'm gonna take it as a thunderbird effigy. Post some more.
Yes. Definitely like to see more finds from the area you found this particular one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread