What's new

Found this lil guy

bryant252

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in decatur,indiana an I don't know much about the little one, any info would b awesome! An I got alil hafted scrapper also... thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 1456753889395.webp
    1456753889395.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 1456753901455.webp
    1456753901455.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Tiny!
 

Attachments

  • 1456776679211.webp
    1456776679211.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 111
That is a tiny one and nice scraper to
 
nice ones.good eye!
 
Thanks evryone! Anyone know anything about the lil one?
 
welcome to tnet by the way.It helps to know what region you are from for Identifying some pieces
 
Nice one turtle back.. Good luck with the ID
 
Kinda looks like the one I found the other day.
 

Attachments

  • 1456807921002.webp
    1456807921002.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 89
Thanks buddy! Nice one!
 
The region it was found in will help with the identity, similar shaped relics have different names in different regions, nice find!
 
I grew up hunting in Allen County & Whitely County just north of you. We even played Decatur in basketball.

The scraper is cool, not a lot of local rock to be found so they used it until it was just a nub. The little one is probably a late archaic/woodland point, not sure how I would type it. Occasionally you see people call them Raddatz points.
 
Thanks josh, I actually live in allen county, leo-grabill area.. an I was hunting with a buddy that lives in decatur an was nice enough to share a spot with me...
 
I live in the midwest... indiana
 
Thanks josh, I actually live in allen county, leo-grabill area.. an I was hunting with a buddy that lives in decatur an was nice enough to share a spot with me...

I've got about 4 generations of grandparents in the old Leo Cemetery. I lived in Aboite township, but my grandparents had a farm over on your side of the county into the early 1980's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom