What's new

Found this Motherlode, but decided to wait 45 days before I posted it.

digger460

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
2,984
Reaction score
3,299
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
So each grade (K-8) at the school where I work, made a poster for the DARE program. Then all the kids and staff voted on which one was the best, buy putting money in containers for each class. DSCF1349.webp

:laughing7:Why are they sitting on my kitchen table?:laughing7:

Well, I was walking down the hallway, and passed the table where the containers were, and decided to just take a glance at each one to see if any goodies might be in them. Second one I spotted a '64 silver, and the fifth one I spotted a wheat. :laughing7: That was enough for me to go to the superintendent, and I told her that when we count it, I'll just give her the cash, and I'll keep the change.

Now last year they raised around $135.00. This year a whopping $563.18. What the hell did I get into:laughing7: Well I'm glad I did. Check this out.

DSCF1394.webp

First thought was, little Billy got into dad's collection.

So, I decided to do the right thing. I had the secretary send a letter to all the parent's, asking them to check there coin collections, (if they had one) to see if anything was missing.

That was 46 day's ago, and haven't heard a thing, so I think that I am now the proud owner:hello2:

Final count:

1-'64 Quarter
1-'47 Rosie
:laughing7:only 2 silver's in all that.
1-'40 nickel (a little silver?)
1-'46 nickel
1-Rutherford B. Hayes $1
1-Chuckee Cheese token
1- '29 Canadian penny

24 Wheats ranging from '29 to '58. Notables 1-'40s, 2-'44s.

And the tribe: 24 IHC's ranging from 1865 to 1908.

Still feel guilty, but I did give whoever a chance to claim them. So MERRY CHRISTMAS to me:headbang:.

Thanks for looking!HH
 
Upvote 40
Way to think out of the box! :icon_thumleft:
 
That is a great "score"! Glad that you tried to do the right thing, enjoy.
 
All those Indians are sweet! That's a score if I have ever seen one.

Congrats!
 
Chuck E. Cheese tokens are going to be worth money one day...

At least I keep telling myself that. :P
 
I must not have gotten that letter as my kid was out sick that day. Those are all mine :laughing7:
 
indians=cool.
brad
 
I'm going to wait 45-days before I decide how I feel about this. :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom