Found this mysterious medallion in a place that I have found hessian buttons. Help!

TheSkyHive

Apr 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings to you all. This is my first time posting.I have been detecting for about a year and I live in SW Virginia near Roanoke,Va and Smith Mountain Lake,VA. My last trip to a house owned by a Amish family I was able to recover a perfect revolutionary war hessian soldier eagle button. I was able to find out what it was within minutes online.Cut to a week ago.Back at the same site and I uncover a beautiful gold colored medallion. Round in shape with a shield within the circle. Within the shield is a gladiator or spartan on a chariot facing right with a outstretched hand. The chariot is being pulled by at least two horses. My detectors VDI was in a the perfect gold range and it weighs just over 2 grams. The back of the medal has 8 mysterious bumps or stars in a lopsided v shape. any ideas. This has been fun to research but its keeping me up nights now. 20170407_220005.jpg 20170407_220228.jpg

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be a 1914 Second Russian Olympiad in Riga medal, depicting a Lion pulling chariot.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread